Extensions Plus

HELP !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
EyeHeart_You View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EyeHeart_You Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP !
    Posted: Mar 30 2012 at 12:50am
Okay, So I'm 15 years old. I've been wearing weaves for about 2 years now and I need a change.

I have very thick , rough , coarse hair. I've literally broken combs, that's why I never wear it out. I've had a perm before but it didn't suit me very well. My hair broke really bad and I didn't like it straight. I was thinking about getting a curly perm , But I have no clue what to do , I'm 15 and my mom (not from america) is not much help. I was reading about the different kinds and the Wave Nouveau really stuck out. I startd reading the reviews and Some were good but a lot were reeeaaalllyyy bad. So I need help , What should I do ? Ermm
Sponsored Links

Genuine956 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genuine956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2012 at 10:01pm
Well it doesn't hurt to try but I think that the Curly Perm (Wave Nouveau) is not as strong as a Lye Relaxer, so I'm not sure how straight your hair will get.

If the Curly Perm doesn't work out, why not try a braided hairstyle? (I know someone whose hair doesn't take to perms and she wears braids--there are a lot of different styles / options with braids.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EyeHeart_You Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2012 at 11:51pm
I've had braids too Confused I'm just so sick of The fake hair. I need a new solution !
samz-samz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote samz-samz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2012 at 4:19am
Your hair reminds me of my 7 year old daughter's, it was so thick, coarse, dry and I just couldn't do anything with it and it also never seemed to retain moisture no matter what I applied and how often, even though it kept growing at a really good rate. So in february i made the decision to curly perm her hair as I was just fed up and frustrated with it, I did A LOT OF research before hand and settled on the CareFree Curl perm due to the bad reviews regarding WN (extreme shedding and breakage) and I'm so happy with the results as i just can put curl activator in her hair in the morning and off she goes to school, its so much more manageable and everyone loves it :-)

I waited three weeks for the first wash (my hairdressers advice), I used a protein treatment I bought and sat her under the steamer for 20mins. Now I wash it every two weeks using Keracare hydrating detangling sulphate free shampoo and Keracare hydrating conditioner. Then I apply a mix of:
Honey 
Olive oil
Egg 
Avocado
Coconut milk (shake the can first lol)
Real mayonnaise 
Jojoba oil 
Banana
Rosemary oil
Peppermint oil
Comb mixture through hair & Sit her under steamer for 20mins (but if you don't want to make a Deep conditioner yourself just buy one or a Protein pack, also sitting under a dryer can be used or if you have neither just leave a plastic/shower cap on for 1hr or get your hairdresser to do it for you)

I use daily in her hair Care Free Curl Gold Activator and sometimes the gel (mainly after a wash), I cover her hair with a satin bonnet at night but sometimes after school I cover her hair with a shower cap for an hour or two after spraying with CareFree Curl.

Hope I helped regarding your curly perm issue and I'd advise going for the Carefree curl perm but make sure you find a hairdresser who can do it correctly
wavesmistress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wavesmistress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2012 at 10:46am
Samz-samz, good mixture of natural products right there 4 DC! I hav used curly perms b4 but my hair is natural now & like u, I have been doing research about curly perms to find the best one to use.  While I want the healthier perm, I hate the jherri curl look. I prefer a natural-looking wave. Yesterday I went to a stylist & she basically said the Wave by Design and Wave nouveau is practically the same; just different brands. However, she said the CFC perm gives a better finish but she advises to use the WN Moisturizer on it. How did ur daughters hair come out, did it have that natural look or did it look more like a jheri curl?
samz-samz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samz-samz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2012 at 2:00pm
Hi Wavesmistress, my little ones hair looks like her hair is naturally wavy that way as its more wavy than curly, I did hear that your natural hair texture will determine the finished curl pattern. Its a dry perm so no soul-glow look ha ha as I was really worried it would look like that, I had a curly perm in high school 12 years ago and mine wasn't jheri but not as much of dry curl as my little ones.. I'm just so happy that it is so much easier to manage now and I no longer have to ask my sister to braid her hair as I can't braid. I'm considering getting a curly perm myself now (currently natural but wearing lace wigs and weaves)..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wavesmistress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2012 at 3:40pm
I want 2 get my curly perm in a few days but I really want 2 make the right decision. They have so many products on the market, most of the stylists use the WN. The WN and CFC are both brands of Soft sheen Carson, I would love to know the major difference between the 2. However, I've heard once that the Wave by Design looks more natural (but reviews on this brand is quite limited). Also, I would like one that can be kept healthy since people who have curly perms always seem to have breakage after a while. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EyeHeart_You Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2012 at 12:57am
Thanks so much ! I just hope my mom agrees. I cannot loose all my hair all over again , But I do want it back , You're Reply helped alot. You rock ! Thanks a million <3
Jjoyoyoyo View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jjoyoyoyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2012 at 10:52am
Eyeheartyou, before you do anything suggested here please read my post from the curly perm threads. I have a curly perm, and unlike many of the ones used here I never experience any breakage or insane shedding from it, and it's also not a double process.

I got it done just last year, and like you had been natural my whole life and wearing mostly braids at all times as well. =D

http://forum.blackhairmedia.comew-cy-perms-thread-after-2-years_topic275585_page52. - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/new-curly-perms-thread-after-2-years_topic275585_page52.html

I posted pics of my hair with my perm from last year (before my first touch up) on this page.

And posted about the process here in the texturizer forum (but it is a curly perm)

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/about-my-cy-perm-or-texturizer_topic335771. - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/about-my-curly-perm-or-texturizer_topic335771.html

let me know any questions you have k ^^

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wavesmistress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2012 at 3:26pm
Hi, Jjoyoyoyo, I read some of ur posts. Ur hair is gorgeous, I'm not sure if u were the person I saw on youtube some time ago (The one that did not experience any breakage for like an entire year). I read a little on the Gina curl while browsing. It seems to be the healthiest black curly perm yet. Sad to say though, I was concerned about the availability of the product outside of the USA & UK.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic