Forum LockedHelp!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
krisviola1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2009 at 8:27am
Whoah this is bad.  I imagine you've already solved your hair problem by now but If youstill haven't, I 'd just stay under the shower head and try to pull the knots apart gently rather than try to run your fingers through them.  That's gotta be rough.  I hope you got everything alright by now...
Sponsored Links

mEmYSELFaNDj View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2009 at 8:28am
Have you tried Cowboy Magic? I heard it works miracles in this type of situation. But yeah just make sure you take your time and try not to get frustrated because after that happens its only a matter of time before the scissors come out.

Im sure you can get the knots out. Think positive.
traphael81 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2009 at 8:43am
Hope you had some luck! Definitely try to have patience! If you can't do it right know then saturate your hair with conditioner add some oil keep it moist baggy if you can and throw on a wig. That way you don't feel rushed and can take your time and not get frustrated. If it gets to be to much braid the part you have detangled go do something else and come back to it fresh and refocused.
Faiz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2009 at 11:37am
I had this very same problem just a week or so ago. I took out a weave at my salon and then the stylist proceded to wash my tangled hair without combing in through. I should have known better! Needless to say it got very matted... looked like dreadlocks in some places.
So here's what I did:

Pre-pooed with some ORS Hair Mayo and MT (for strength before I tackled the knots)
Rinsed out the conditioners, then I applied a thick layer of Elasta QP DPR11 (for slip) and sat under the dryer for 15 mins with a cap
After 15 mins I applied annother coat and sat under the dryer for another 10 mins
After this I jumped in the shower and with an afro pick combed out my hair under the pressure of the water
Once I was out the shower I blow dried my hair using a wide toothed comb and the comb just GLIDED through my hair and 4 months of new growth like nothing had ever happened!
stayinblown View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2009 at 12:12pm

i agree with detangle b4 wash u can get a minor setback and loose alot of hair ,but  conditioner set under the dryer with it foe like 20 mins and those knots should roll out

MRSEDWARDS View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2009 at 5:13pm

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO RESPONDED. I didn't cut yet I just got as much as I could in a ponytail and added some condish then wore my pretty tie-head to work and walked around like it was fine u should have seen the looks. Anyway I'm now heading to the beauty supply to try what everyone said esp Ms. Faiz I got similar recommendations from work today. Thanks again

nola06 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2009 at 11:18pm
Oh, good luck! Let us know how it turned out. Next time you're ready to take down cornrows again, you might want to try applying deep conditioner and oil directlty to the cornrows, wrap in Saran Wrap or thin shower cap and sit under a heat cap for 60 minutes. My 4-5 inch new growth has not dreaded since (and it used to dread before deep conditioning).
nola06 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2009 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Faiz Faiz wrote:

I had this very same problem just a week or so ago. I took out a weave at my salon and then the stylist proceded to wash my tangled hair without combing in through. I should have known better! Needless to say it got very matted... looked like dreadlocks in some places.
So here's what I did:

Pre-pooed with some ORS Hair Mayo and MT (for strength before I tackled the knots)
Rinsed out the conditioners, then I applied a thick layer of Elasta QP DPR11 (for slip) and sat under the dryer for 15 mins with a cap
After 15 mins I applied annother coat and sat under the dryer for another 10 mins
After this I jumped in the shower and with an afro pick combed out my hair under the pressure of the water
Once I was out the shower I blow dried my hair using a wide toothed comb and the comb just GLIDED through my hair and 4 months of new growth like nothing had ever happened!

Oohh, I love this idea! I'm gonna have to remember this one. Thanks!

Edited by nola06 - Aug 03 2009 at 11:21pm
ososlimsexi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2009 at 12:02pm
you should follow the advice in this link.

it works like a charm for my mom and sister
Faiz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2009 at 5:25pm
you're welcome hun
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic