Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedHelp with my sons hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
WhitneyCharde View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with my sons hair!
    Posted: Feb 25 2011 at 1:28am
My son has a good grade of hair but is VERY tender headed! he takes off if he sees me with the comb...I need some tips on what other moms may be doing to get their little ones to act right.
Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2011 at 11:21am
A wide tooth comb and a detangler or combing cream should help.  Or you can get the Tangle Teezer to first detangle his hair then use a wide tooth comb.  You can find wide tooth combs in many mass retailers.  It is sold as a shower comb or shampoo comb.  Goody sells the seamless ones.
Inayis View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2011 at 11:23am
My son is the same way I just only comb it when its wet with a wide tooth comb... when hes in the bath sometimes hes distracted..lol
BeautyWitch View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2011 at 9:24pm
I make sure he's comfy with lots of books, toys or video games because I like to take my time and be as gentle as possible. I usually work on damp hair. I apply leave-in then spritz the section that I'm working on with water. I work in small sections and it takes me anywhere from 3 - 7 hrs to take down each braid/twist, detangle then rebraid/retwist (with lots of breaks). If he's getting frustrated I'll allow him some time to just play without me tugging his hair or if he wants to lay down I let him. Basically I try to adjust based on what he wants to do or he will become upset and not sit still. When I do other kids hair I do the same too... let them has some control.

Also IDk if anyone's mentioned this but it's important to hold the hair firmly at the roots so he can't feel the comb/brush while u detangle the length. I literally squeeze the hair between my thumb and finger and this prevents him from feeling any tension on the scalp.
WhitneyCharde View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2011 at 12:56am
Thank you so much ladies! I just got my son's hair braided for the first time last week and he was a mess! she had to almost straddle him to get him still! I don't really wanna cut his hair because as i said before he has a good grade of hair and if you ask me his head is too big for a haircut (he gets that from his momma,lol) I definitely agree that i should give him some kind of control over the situation!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic