Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Help with my hair reginmen

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
jayla109 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayla109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with my hair reginmen
    Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 5:36pm
Hello, im a teen and I want to grow my hair healthy and longer . so first of all my hair type is either 4c or 4b , (or a mixture of both), my hair is really dry and corse. My moms friend owns a hair shop , so every two weeks she does my hair which includes: washing it ,blow drying it, and pressing it . other than that I don't apply any extra heat to my hair. My question is , what should I be doing in between the time when I go to see my moms friend in the next 2 weeks?  what oil would you recommend for someone with really dry hair? I have olive oil but im not sure if it works. when do I deep condition my hair ?
Sponsored Links

morenaloca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 5:58pm
Find a moisturizer you like, use it daily and after you apply it, apply your olive oil. It's called moisturizing and sealing.

Stop pressing your hair every two weeks. Heat isn't very good. You should try protective styles, like braids, weaves or buns.
jayla109 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayla109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 6:11pm
Ok thanks , i was actually going to get half a weave in my hair , in 2 weeks ,
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 2:05pm
To work with the pressed hair, you can pin curl it, use pillow curlers or paper bag curlers, or put bantu knots.  All of these can be done before bed time.  Also I would recommend deep conditioning your hair every time you wash your hair.
srowell3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srowell3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 6:55pm
Have you ever tried doing some co-washes in between. They are suppose to help with dry hair. I do them and my hair is not as dry as it use to be. I also think using less heat would be good. Doing some low manipulation styles, they are heat free and doesn't require you to manipulate the hair much, like doing braid outs and twist outs. 
eternalhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eternalhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 4:23pm
You are going to have to start taking more care of your hair. For starters, you can check this video out of this lady who keeps it simple. If you are just beginning to learn your hair go to
https://www.youtube.com/Moorevolve and check out some of her videos. I hope this is helpful.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic