FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHelp with my dreads

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
Cinammonkisses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2007 at 7:10am
I dont think it will necessarily wear your hair down over time, but more so put strain on the new growth, causing that to thin out. 
Sponsored Links

reglop8 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2007 at 5:49pm

Every one has their own way of retwisting. Me personally I like to palm rolling, but then it depends on what is going on w/ their hair. I might use my comb. Then it depends on the length of the hair. Locs thin out depending on the size of them, the longer it grow the heavier it gets.

I have noticed that when some people keep their hand in their locs, they tend to weaken, then they fall out. So be careful.

If you are pleased with what she is doing let her know. If she can not do what you ask find someone else. Question: do your hair look neat?

I have been doing locs since 2002, and not seen anyone hair weaken from ME palm rolling. It only thins if you put to much tension on the hair.

Blackbeauty66 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2007 at 3:30pm
I visit my loctican every 4 weeks and depending on the state of the loc she will palm roll down to the ends.  I am into my 14th week of locking and am experiencing a lot of frizz, so even if my locs are palm rolled to the ends, it make little difference. 
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic