FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help with Dying Virgin Hair

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with Dying Virgin Hair
    Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 8:04pm
I have a virgin unit that I would like to dye in the color in the YouTube Video. I have done the ombre before without any problems, this time around I want to dye the entire unit. Anyone have any suggestion on how to keep the color from bleeding onto the lace??

Edited by starliteboo - Jan 31 2013 at 8:05pm
Sponsored Links

chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 8:58pm
That's a beautiful color!

The 2 times that I was successful at getting little to no dye on the lace, I very carefully and methodically applied the dye, especially at the roots.  I used a dye brush and parted the hair section by section.  When I'm hurry, and it's late, I make too many mistakes.

I've used dye repellants and conditioner, neither are totally fool proof.  Some people use oils, like coconut oil, or a bit of vaseline inside the cap. 

HTH Smile
pinkaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 12:59am
You can also put a couple of layers of Got 2 be spiking gel on the inside of the cap, blow drying each layer. It worked well for me
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 7:14am
I did see a video about using the spiking gel I was just wondering is it easy to remove afterwards? And thanks for the tip ChatNoir I will have to head to Sally's to purchase one of the brushes
ilovelife View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovelife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 7:35am
I spray Pam on the inside of my cap
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 9:50am
Does it matter which Pam spray I use?
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 11:23am
Originally posted by ilovelife ilovelife wrote:

I spray Pam on the inside of my cap

I've heard Pam can be hard to remove.  How much do you use?
ilovelife View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ilovelife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 12:22pm
spray it very very lightly and dont hold it too close to the unit almost like when you spray knot sealer. i remove with dawn comes right off never had any issues so far 
-i use just regular Pam I always have some on hand or non stick cooking spray. but most importantly is just take your time during the dye process thats really whats most important 

Edited by ilovelife - Feb 01 2013 at 12:23pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 12:38pm
Thanks for the tip, I was at the Sally Store and had the dyes in my hand but chickened out, too scared of messing up this unit. Will have to work up the courage to go again tomorrow.
RedWine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedWine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 9:34pm
I spray with pam too. No special way. I just coat the inside with pam and dye the hair keeping the color off of the lace as much as I can. Works like a charm.

I wash the Pam out with shampoo. If the base is really greasy then  I will condition the wig hair and wash the lace with a stronger shampoo or dawn while the conditioner sits..
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply