Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedHELP! What can I use?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
chefdiva823 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! What can I use?
    Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 12:05pm
I have a half sew in, half braids (in front and back) and the girl who did my weave couldn't find a way to "close" the weave next to my braids (pics shown)! 
What can I put in the "open" spaces and would I use clips?  Do they make braid clips that's small enough to be almost invisible? Or braid track? lol!
Thanks for your response!

Sponsored Links

msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 1:05pm
tbh, I'm not getting the style you were trying to achieve with the individuals and sewin. Only thing I can think of, is for you to make a braid with bulk hair to cover the track..depending on the look u were trying to get.

Edited by msjaim2 - Oct 12 2013 at 1:09pm

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 1:15pm
This is my regular style....without the "spaces" between my braids and the sew in.... I just want it covered!! lol

MrsBishop View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 1:33pm
Pls go get it redone or get a refund if you paid. You could try to take out some of the braids and use your hair to cover that gap
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 1:38pm

Did the person that did your hair this time see a pic of the look you wanted? Was this her 1st time doing a weave ?

My friend used to get individual tree braids or interlocking  in the front and tracks in the back, but it was enough extension hair pulled out of the braids to cover the tracks and I don't think the tracks started that high. In fact , it looked similar to your regular style.

It doesn't look like any hair was pulled thru the braids at all and that very silky, fine hair was used, which doesn't give enough thickness.

Please don't take this to be an insult, but it looks like the person that did this should have had an idea of what the end result was going to look like well before they finished it.

I suggest making those individual braids tree braids /invisible braids and it will increase the fullness to where the extension hair would possible cover the weave weft but I also suggest taking the braids back farther by removing the top weave wefts and replacing with more tree braids.

Good Luck.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 1:46pm
I can't believe the let you leave the shop without thinking of a way to repair that. They are the professionals. Or SHOULD be.

Was this done at a shop/by a professional or a friend/family member?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 2:27pm
She says she has been doing hair for 3 + years.... I told her the style I wanted was the same one that I had upon sitting in her chair (at home).  When she started I was kinda skeptical because each braid looked "raggedy" and far apart from each other.  I stopped her and asked were they micros or individual braids...she said individual.  I told her I said I wanted micros around the top and sides and so she took some out and started to do micros...to which they looked even more horrible.  She had to stop, take out, put back in the same braid 4 times...this was all after the weave she put in.  I told her to stop braiding and she said ok, maybe someone else can do the micros!  WTH?????  So I paid her for the weave ($60) and I thought the weave looked ok at the time...and went to my other stylist at the shop, 4 hours later, who went ahead and did the micros.  She asked me who the hell messed up my hair??  I told her and she said to try and get a refund because she did a botch job.  I called the girl and requested a refund and she responds with "No, I cant do that. I took down several of those braids and sewed down the cap and everybody does their sew in differently and I wasted hours of my time."
At that time, pissed, I remembered that when she took my braids down, she didnt undo the cornrows for the weave, she just put that cap over it all willy-nilly....NOR DID SHE WASH MY HAIR!
So now, I am taking old braids that came out previously lol...and trying to attach them to hide the space....smh....
MrsBishop View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 4:12pm
Put her salon on blast! Put this pic on their facebook page and tell your story! I hate these fake stylist who keep stealing people's money. The weave is the worst part of the whole thing. You shouldn't have paid her. Text her and let her know she can find pictures of her artwork on google reviews and yelp!
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 8:46pm
This is beyond unacceptable. And she knew it well before she finished your hair.
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 9:34pm
She wrong ...wrong OP. And if that was my head I wouldn't pay her. Find u a new stylist
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic