Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help, think my new expensive wig is too small :-(
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Help, think my new expensive wig is too small :-(

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

KeraCurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeraCurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help, think my new expensive wig is too small :-(
    Posted: Sep 27 2016 at 6:45pm
Hi there, I had my first u part unit made and installed over the weekend and I'm having some real doubts and issues. She sewed a small closure down and sewed the wig down on top because I wanted the versatility to wear my crown out once I get it together (chewed up from sew ins with leave out lol)

The issue: she made the unit on a dome cap and cut the u out while it was on my head and sewed everything down but she reallllly had to work to get it on so either it was too small to begin with (she never took measurements and she hadn't met me before making the unit) or she cut too much out of the wig to fit the closure. I got a big head and the cap wasn't really giving so she was stretching it hard across my scalp. Once she started sewing it of course it stayed down but my edges are the only thing keeping it on my head because I know it wants to slide back. It's been about 4 days and my head is still killing me and I'm getting the white braid bumps around my hairline. The area where it's sewn to my head around the closure is also throbbing.

I guess my question is basically is this normal? This is my first unit and my first closure and I want to know if I'm being a punk. If not and my edges really are in danger, what's the recourse? Have her rebuild the unit? Cut it off and cut slits in it like I've seen on YouTube? I don't know how to braid or sew or anything so I'll have to go back to this salon, it's about an hour away. I used my own hair which was about $500 and to have her make and install the unit was another $400 so I'm already bothered but on top of it, the pain is killing me!

What would y'all do?
Sponsored Links

China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic