Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help, Texturizer Damage Hair Strength and Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Help, Texturizer Damage Hair Strength and Growth

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
DiscdotJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiscdotJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help, Texturizer Damage Hair Strength and Growth
    Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 11:49am
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping find a solution to my issue I want to address the right way. I have natural curls in my hair, and I decided to use Africa's best men's organics texture kit to give the curls more volume. I used it once with success, and a year later I decided to re-use the product due to the curls losing some volume. I always start at the crown of the head with the texturizer and I believe I must have left it in my hair longer than usual. As I combed my hair, I've noticed more loose hair build up on the comb. Skipping ahead, I've noticed the top area of my hair was lighter compare to other areas of my hair. I used to use the africa's best motorizing hair lotion to hold my curls but stopped when I noticed more hair loss than usual. I cut my hair low, and now when I brush my hair, the hair that tries to grow back falls out. When I used to brush my hair, I never had this much hair fall out. I did some searching on products to re-grow hair and came across thicker fuller hair shampoo and conditioner. It worked on re-growth but my hair is weak and when I brush it, a good amount of hair keeps falling out. I decided to stay away from brushing and using any chemical products that contain sulfate after reading about sulfate in shampoos damaging hair. I used to also use head and shoulders due to dry flaky scalp issues I have. Every time I stop using head and shoulders, my scalp becomes very flaky and I have very oily skin and scalp naturally. I have to use a shampoo that fights dry flaky scalp so I've been using wen conditioner. It has been working okay, but I've been noticing a good amount of hair loss in my hand when using wen and this also happened with head and shoulders. So I haven't use any products in my hair, just shampoo and let hair dry. I have not seen any better results with the top and crown area of my hair.

Does anyone know a method or technique I can follow to get my hair back to it's original strength and thickness? Thank you

Forgot to mention I'm 24 years old

Edited by DiscdotJ - Nov 08 2013 at 12:26pm
Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 6:23pm
Okay, I had a few confusing moments reading your post . apparently you are having issues with the products you're using in addition to brushing. Personally, I am a DIY person. It is easier to eliminate 'chemical' product issues. Try some basic things as co-washing with VO5, or Suave. I am not sure of your relationship to Texturizing(sorry if I am confused, it is afterall Saturday evening ). Start off neutral...Co-wash with the above mentioned conditioners. Condition with Eggs..Mayo...Honey...EVOO.    Go 'natural' for a while, for me it's the best thing. Even Avocado or Bananas. These will not hurt your hair, but you will most likely benefit. ACV, and Aloe Vera is always beneficial for restoring the pH your hair needs.

Good Luck. Hope this helps
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style