Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedHelp! She used hair glue on my eyelashes!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Beey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! She used hair glue on my eyelashes!!
    Posted: Jul 08 2007 at 12:56am
Eyelash disaster!! CryOh God! Help me!!!!!!!! How the heck do I get this painful clump of plastic off my eyes without losing my own lashes? ... First she lied to me about the price and only told me the "real price" after she started burning my eyes out with some glue that I knew definitely could not have been manufactured for EYES! And then the thing dries off into a hard big smear of rubber leaving me UNABLE TO SHUT MY EYES ALL THE WAY. Ouch

I had repeatedly expressed concerns about my eyelashes falling off with removing the false eyelashes(which she assured me wouldn't happen)....and then I wanted MILDER GLUE, which she claimed she didn't have. I only found out hours later that she used hair glue or "wood glue"-'cos it feels like wood on my eyelashes. AngryAngry What on earth do I do now? Has anyone of you ever had hair glue on yr eyelashes?
 Just to add...they're individual lashes with LOTS OF black glue

Edited by Beey - Jul 08 2007 at 7:09am
Sponsored Links

DiamondsR4Ever View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2007 at 1:55am

Typically hair bonding glue does not burn the eyes...well at least not from my own personal experience.  I have noticed that most eyelash glues specifically made for eyelashes burn LOL LOL...I use Ardell LashTite adhesive from Sallys.  If the glue is hard its probably eye lash glue...if its kinda soft and flexible its probably hair bonding glue which is pretty common practice in temporary eyelash attachment. 

If it is actual eyelash glue, the Ardell adhesive I use has a special remover which reminds me a lot of baby oil...which also burns like hellfire...LOL if its hair bonding glue, usually moisture will weaken the bond...try steaming your face with a warm towel several times.

Edited by DiamondsR4Ever - Jul 08 2007 at 1:56am
AjStarr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2007 at 5:59am
ouch! ok so my first time gettin them temp eyelashes it itched a lil n when i closed my eyes it hurt and if i touched em it hurt but i would rub like warm water on my eyes THRU the pain n i jus kinda pulled em off, but iono if it was hair glue it didnt smell like that stuff but it was black just try warm water tho it worked for me
LotusKiss View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2007 at 6:14am
Originally posted by DiamondsR4Ever DiamondsR4Ever wrote:

Typically hair bonding glue does not burn the eyes...well at least not from my own personal experience.  I have noticed that most eyelash glues specifically made for eyelashes burn LOL LOL...I use Ardell LashTite adhesive from Sallys.  If the glue is hard its probably eye lash glue...if its kinda soft and flexible its probably hair bonding glue which is pretty common practice in temporary eyelash attachment. 

If it is actual eyelash glue, the Ardell adhesive I use has a special remover which reminds me a lot of baby oil...which also burns like hellfire...LOL if its hair bonding glue, usually moisture will weaken the bond...try steaming your face with a warm towel several times.

ITA.... If it's weave glue a cotton ball soaked in baby oil should weaken the bond and remove the lashes. If it's black individual lash glue go to Sallly's and get the Ardell remover like Diamond said it does burn like hot hell fire. You may want to try the baby oil first....at least it does not burn. Baby oil will not remove the lashes if she used indiviual lash glue in that case you will need to make a trip to Sallys. HTH
Beey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2007 at 7:04am
Diamonds, Ajstar & Lotus, Thank you soooo much for your suggestions. I'm trying 'em out right away...& to everyone else... pls keep d suggestions coming. They are individual lashes with LOTS OF black glue.  I'd used "Ardell Individual Lash Remover" last night b4 going 2 bed. It didn't remove even one lash extension!Unhappy B/c the wad of rubber on my eyes is so darn thick, it didn't burn as much. I'm steaming my face in a few minutes., then trying the baby oil. Someone else also suggested I see a medical prodessional immediately,'cos my cornea might be scratched by this heavy wad of hard plastic. I'm also considering that 'cos last night I slept only 4hrs 'cos this crap is so darn painful.Thanks ladies, & to everyone else... pls keep the suggestions coming!!!

Edited by Beey - Jul 08 2007 at 7:06am
Beey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2007 at 7:13am
Originally posted by AjStarr AjStarr wrote:

ouch! ok so my first time gettin them temp eyelashes it itched a lil n when i closed my eyes it hurt and if i touched em it hurt but i would rub like warm water on my eyes THRU the pain n i jus kinda pulled em off, but iono if it was hair glue it didnt smell like that stuff but it was black just try warm water tho it worked for me

Ajstarr, Did you lose your own natural lashes while removing the extensions?
Sugar Lump View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2007 at 11:11am
I wear false lashes with the black ardell glue, and I remove them with no problems with regular babyoil, and a cotton ball.  I have not lost any lashes, and have been wearing them daily for about 2 years.  I don't do that lash extension stuff.  Too expensive for me.  So try the babyoil Beey.
Beey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2007 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Sugar Lump Sugar Lump wrote:

I wear false lashes with the black ardell glue, and I remove them with no problems with regular babyoil, and a cotton ball.  I have not lost any lashes, and have been wearing them daily for about 2 years.  I don't do that lash extension stuff.  Too expensive for me.  So try the babyoil Beey.

Thanks!
JazziLady_NC View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2007 at 8:54pm
That sucks.  She sucks.  She should not have used that heavy, clumpy hair glue on your lashes.  If it takes out the hair on people's heads, it can certainly take out your lashes.    I would try the babyoil too.  Just go slow and take your time. 
SydneyB424 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2007 at 9:29pm
yeah, ive had glue in weaves with, ofcourse, hair glue, and it seems like whenever anything greasy or oily is on the glue, it starts to weaken, now listen, it dosnt disolve, it just turns into a gluey gump. so you might have to rub with a face cloth for a little while. so anything like vasaline or baby oil should do the trick, i recommend vasaline because it drips less and it dosnt sting as much. some baby oils have fragrence and other chemmicals added. so it just might sting.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic