Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help, severe edge problem
    Posted: Jun 07 2009 at 1:18pm
My sister's edges are broken off all the way down to the NG and about 1 inch back from the hairline ALL AROUND. I'm so lost on some good braided styles, besides tree braids cause I don't have the hair for that. Any ideas. Please
Sponsored Links

sebig001 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2009 at 2:08pm
You can still get your sisters hair braided, jus make sure to skip around the edges where the hair is still short and trying to grow. The only thing is she cant style her hair in the front because of her edges. Braids are a good style to let the hair rest, and its low manipulation. she can use this time to use growth aids such as MTG, monistat(miconazole nitrate, and doo grow. I had the same problem your sister went through. I can show you pics to show you my growth. MTG and miconazole nitrate is what helped my edges grow out, and I was constantly in braids. I told my stylist to skip around my egdges to let it grow out. If you can explain to me how to post pics, i will share the pics with you
sebig001 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2009 at 2:10pm
and i can also show you the styles I wore when my edges were broken off if you want me to..
nessiekins View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2009 at 3:13pm

im sorry to hear this! make sure if you braid you don't get the edges braided or she could use wigs or do braid outs and twist outs

TheMenAllPause View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2009 at 3:18pm
I have never had a set of braids that didnt eat my edges up. Eventhough I love them I just cant wear them.  To repair my edges I used MTG and stopped pulling my hair back in tight buns/ponytails. I used a clip instead and tried not to brush them so much. HTH
tru_blu09 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2009 at 3:22pm
when my left side edge part was messed up.. i sometimes left that out, twisted that hair around other braids or cornbraided it down....

cornbraids are ur best bet, no hair is out and theres no manipulation! moisturize that hair and either bun or  keep it down... box braids do put stress on ur hair... least with cornbraids, u have that covered and they are easy to wash

make sure she massages her scalp and damaged hairline, at least with castor oil if nothing else.

what about kinky twists..? what i like about them is how light the hair is, u can easily pin them up, make a nice updo, ponytail or bun it and there isnt much stress on the hair imo
no perms, not now
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2009 at 3:23pm
Also if she suits a fringe she could try medium to small sized braids with a fringe leaving the hair weak hair out as others have said. It can look good on some people.
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2009 at 8:09pm
Thanks alot ladies. I will braid her hair and leave out the edges. I was thinking box braids but after reading about how they put stress on the hair I'm reluctant. I'll try to get a growth aid for her as well. I have one question. What is a fringe?
tru_blu09 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2009 at 8:12pm
i think its a bang
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic