Perfect Hair Collection

HELP: Renting an apt in NY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP: Renting an apt in NY
    Posted: May 20 2014 at 11:28am
My sister is moving from Texas to NY in a few weeks. STRESS! STRESS! STRESS! Her job is located in the about 5 blocks from the Wallstreet bull. She is currently in NY for the week searching for an apartment.

She needs some insight the living areas. We have been googling fools doing research, contacting brokers/agents, ect and I just want a few opinions. Her rental allowance is $1800/monthly and she has a pet cat.

She was thinking the Upper Manhattan, Harlem, Washington Height area.

She looked at an apartment in Sunset Park.

Anyone have someone in the apartment showing business, if so PM me their name and number and she can contact them.

Edited by QueenBee - May 20 2014 at 11:29am
Sponsored Links

goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 11:49am
When i moved up there..i had a agent..I paid them the same amount as first months rent. 

Although it was expensive considering apartment realtors out here in Texas are free.... it was worth it because I wasn't randomly looking by myself. 

If she works near the WallStreet Bull...would she consider living in Jersey City? I lived near the Groove St Path station right across from the bridge....my rent was $1300 for a 1 bedroom. But i totally understand if she wants to IN New York. 

oh and...that cat is might have to go. That's an added expense to her rent and with only $1800...the space might not be there for her and a cat. 
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 11:55am
$1800 a month? Dead
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

$1800 a month? Dead

Im sayin

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 1:32pm
Bump

NuAttitude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NuAttitude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 1:55pm
Hmmmm.......Unless you have some roommates lined up, $1800 in Manhattan might not cut it.  You also have to be careful when choosing a Realtor/Broker because they will take you to the bank and back around 3 times.  Try Craigslist for an apt. search if you're not too pressed for time to cut out the middle man.  You can save yourself some money that way.  Good Luck.
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 2:23pm
Good-- Do you remember the name of the broker/agent that you worked with? If so, can you forward via PM their information.

STRESS! STRESS! STRESS!    She's calling me all day. I think she's panic because it's short notice. Found a few places in Brooklyn that are new renovated, new appliances, and under her budgets but NO PETS. I am trying to tell her to leave the cat with us but she complains "it's her baby". (insert rolled eyes)

I've told her to try Jersey but she doesn't want to be double taxed. Living in Jersey, work in New York.

NuAttitude-- The apt was in Manhattan it was upper west harlem/Washington heights. Of course, these differences make no sense to me. As I am not sure how far, West Harlem is from her job vs. Brooklyn? It would appear it'd be the same distance roughly 30 minutes but she's convinced that Brooklyn is closer than Upper West Harlem via subway.
NuAttitude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NuAttitude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 2:45pm
Hey Queen----
That might be true (Brooklyn being closer) depends on where in Brooklyn. If it's just over the Brooklyn bridge, then yea but sheeiiiiit.  Last time I checked those rents were through the roof due to location.  If she doesn't mind commuting, upper west Harlem is only one train ride #2 or #3 to Wall Street.  Might take 30 mins give or take. 
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

Good-- Do you remember the name of the broker/agent that you worked with? If so, can you forward via PM their information.

STRESS! STRESS! STRESS!    She's calling me all day. I think she's panic because it's short notice. Found a few places in Brooklyn that are new renovated, new appliances, and under her budgets but NO PETS. I am trying to tell her to leave the cat with us but she complains "it's her baby". (insert rolled eyes)

I've told her to try Jersey but she doesn't want to be double taxed. Living in Jersey, work in New York.

NuAttitude-- The apt was in Manhattan it was upper west harlem/Washington heights. Of course, these differences make no sense to me. As I am not sure how far, West Harlem is from her job vs. Brooklyn? It would appear it'd be the same distance roughly 30 minutes but she's convinced that Brooklyn is closer than Upper West Harlem via subway.

I'll contact my friends who live up there and get some names of realtors from them...

but for that cat - she is moving to NYC ! there is too much to see and do and flirt with...to be cuddled up in a tiny apartment with a cat. 
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 3:12pm
Sucks they double tax in nyc. I've lived and worked in two adjacent states on several occasions. It all gets credited to the right state when I file.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic