Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

HELP!! Question for vets and stylist

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
esha wants hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esha wants hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP!! Question for vets and stylist
    Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 11:11pm
My cousin has had two sew in installs in the last two months and her hair is badly broken. what could cause this? I blame her kitchen stylist but my cousin swears by her ( her stylist told me I should get "natural" hair to match my texture, I said yes it's called yaki, she said oh that's what yaki means) anyone ever experinced major brakeage after an install? what should she do to combat this besides change stylist? thank you in advance for your help
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esha wants hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 7:59pm
Bump
Cause it's Sunday
motress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote motress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 8:09pm
Hair may have been shedding or damaged before the install.
was the hair colored or relaxed right before it was installed?
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 8:41pm
She should focus on her natural hair prior to the install.  Make sure she combats shedding and breakage.  When I transitioned from relaxer to natural with weaves as protective styling I deep a clarifying shampoo and followed with Aphogee 2 step protein treatment and intensive heated deep conditioning between installs.  I would trim every 2nd install and make sure to baby and nuture her natural hair under the weave with weekly deep conditioning.  Also make sure her braids aren't too tight as well as the stitching process to create undue tension. 
goldenapple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goldenapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 8:48pm
Did she detangle properly after removing her installs?  She needs to thorougly comb out all the normal shed hair that has accumulated during her installs along with any loose hair that was added to make the braids sturdier before washing and conditioning.  Otherwise the hair will mat and tangle like crazy which will lead to substantial breakage and hair loss.  Learn that one from experience.....Cry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote esha wants hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 9:07pm
Thank you very much!!! I'll relay the info to her and I plan on doing the same my self
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply