Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Braids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedHELP PLZ FRIZZY TANGLED MESS!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
sugarkiss View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP PLZ FRIZZY TANGLED MESS!!!
    Posted: Oct 03 2010 at 6:05pm

Hello, I am not new to brading, but I did go out on an limb this time and get this synthetic hair with the tree (cornrowed) braids I got done yesterday. Its Outre Batik Deep wave bulk and it is curly, pretty and a tangly mess all at the same time!

I am in a wedding 10/10 and I fear that I cant tame this stuff in time. It just sheds and the more I try to detangle, the more it sheds I clip the ends and everything alot but I dont want to put alot of product in my hair that is not going to help. I will post pics but can I get some started advice? Water, defrizz?  Something?? I'm afraid to wear it down because I will probably shed all over my patients!

Anybody with ideas???

Thanks in advance ladies  Ermm

Sugar

Sponsored Links

starflower7 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2010 at 3:28pm
I have this in right now, in the super wave. It's pretty tangle but I don't comb it much. Pulling at it will only disrupt the curl pattern. I just put in some creme press to tame it and left it alone.
luvhair2 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 1:57pm
I heard that could happen with Batik. It's so soft it tangles with the rubbing of clothes, sweat, etc. I have always used Freetress hair for my tree braids with no problem. The best results are with the Freetress deep wave. It lasted up to 3 months with weekly washing and swimming. 
sugarkiss View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 10:10pm
Thanks ladies, I have continued to "not mess with it," but I think this hair is best for micros because the invisible braids I have upfront are doing perfect. But the rest, I keep cutting off excess and as soon as it dries it tangles....

I know this sounds crazy, but maybe I could cut some of this out and crochet in some human hair so the style won't be a complete waste??? The workmanship is great but I feel it is wasted on this frizzled hair. I just don't know about the wedding i feel like it will frizzle and everything before we even get to the reception hall...  IDK
 Here is a FB album I put together so you could see it.

This is my first go round with tree braids and I love the concept, same with crochet cuz I used to wear them as a teen but man, this batik has severely disappointed me.  Dead
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1354839646088&set=a.1354839286079.47832.1684359515&l=00850e80a8&ref=fbx_album
starflower7 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2010 at 1:41pm
Mine also completely frizzed up into a puffball, and I didn't help the situation by constantly pulling at the knots. But last night I braided it all up in big braids and dipped it in hot water and it's all better now. Big smile  But then again that was pretty much the original wave pattern for this hair. Since yours is curly maybe you can rod it? I dunno.
mchanel16 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2010 at 6:07pm
Your hair came out really pretty!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic