Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Help Please!!

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Chilled2theMAx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilled2theMAx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help Please!!
    Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 10:20pm
Hello Everyone!

I am new to Black Hair Media! I have a terrible dilemma! I have been natural for 3 years now and finally reached APL through hardcore protective styling using LF and Half wigs. I have been going to my stylist for almost a year now to get my hair braided but, today she had to have been smoking or something because she really damaged my hair. AngryCryCryCryI went to get my hair braided and the way she was combing my hair it was feeling like it was being ripped. When my hair was finished I could see a hair ball of my strands. OuchOuchOuchCry I am so upset. I know by the summer I would have reached MBL but, now I am so horrified about the damage I am dreading the thought of my take down. 

It seems that every couple of months after my hair grows I have to find a new stylist to braid my hair bc they do something to damage my hair. Do I need to go to a salon equipped with a taser to stop the foolery? Can someone give me any advice for damage control? I have worked so hard to keep my strands healthy to have a set back. 

Thanks! 
Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 11:28pm
shaylanay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaylanay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 1:44am
Umm try asking around before you choose your next braider
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 1:53am
I have been doing my own hair for years. I am not the best braider, but I treat my hair the way I know it should be treated. I have gotten up and walked out of many Hair Salons if the Stylist did something I told them I did not want.
Just trust yourself. Lots of tutorials of YT.

Good Luck
fredricafekkai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredricafekkai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 6:38pm
Be very specific and let those ladies know exactly what you want!
Don't let them treat your hair however and pay them for that nonsense. Let them know whenever they're being too rough or reckless.
DominicanCurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanCurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 6:57pm
I love Benni's and Frederika's attitude. It is your hair, you worked hard for it and nobody has the right to ruin your hard work. I don't know how many times I sat silent, out of politeness, and allowed a hair stylist do damaging things to my hair, no more!
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 6:51pm
I would for one stop going to that stylist.  And I would go back to what you did to get your hair to it's former length.
anna1167 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna1167 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Chilled2theMAx Chilled2theMAx wrote:

Hello Everyone!

It seems that every couple of months after my hair grows I have to find a new stylist to braid my hair bc they do something to damage my hair. 
not every hand is supposed to go in your head. Sadly when these stylists see women with long healthy hair many of them get jealous and purposefully damage your hair. I agree with the others do  your own hair. save money .

you are the only person who knows how your hair should be treated. 
eternalhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eternalhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 3:45pm
If there is severe damage, you can start over. Only this time, pay attention to who is in your hair and what is going on it.

Hair Grade A+ (Groomed & Healthy)
I have several textures!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/Moorevolve
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair