Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Help Please -long post-

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
SoCannyDa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoCannyDa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help Please -long post-
    Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 9:33am
Hey everyone :) 

I'm new to posting but have been searching through forums like these for while. My problem is that my hair is so bizarre (maybe it's not and I'm just crazy/over exaggerating but anyway lol) that I haven't been able to find any on line advice that could potentially help my specific issues. So i figured I'd post myself and see what happens. *Caution. Kind of long post. You can totally skip to the "my problems" part* *Thanks for reading :)*

Long story short with my hair journey...I texturized my hair at 13. My hair was doing great for a year or two until I switched hair stylists (biggest mistake). She gave me a relaxer (i had asked for a texturizer, she said she could use the same product...)which I learned the hard way that my hair couldn't handle and therefore damaged my hair. When I was 16 I decided to go natural but after years of no heat or any chemicals my hair was still struggling to grow/retain length. 

This frustrated me because I would not touch my hair, I would deep condition, use protein you name it and for years nothing was happening. I decided to texturize again with the same stylist I had at 13. 

OK now my problems:

1. My hair breaks and sheds. Not excessively where I've got bald spots or anything but I've got both long strands with the bulb and tiny bits when I de-tangle my hair.
  2. My natural hair is super soft but isn't gummy when wet. I've only been using the aphogee (for damaged hair b/c that's what I had) line which I guess is only protein and my hair hasn't become really dry or brittle but its not retaining length so obviously I'm doing something wrong.
  3. Castor oil is my enemy. I've tried it twice and both times I noticed extreme shedding/breakage although my roots feel really thick (is that supposed to happen? I don't know)
  4. That prolonged deep conditioning stuff does not work either. When I washed out my hair, the fall out was way more than normal.

Basically my ng hair and just hair in general is thin, super soft and not even shoulder length and I have no clue how to better take care of my hair and start a productive healthy hair journey.

So very sorry I wrote so much. I feel like I gave you guys an extremely difficult algebraic question and told you to solve it without a calculator or something lol

Any advice is truly appreciated. The fact that you even read the post means a lot :)

Thank you :)
Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 9:05am
It sounds like you need something that contains something along the lines of silk proteins or ceramides.  Nothing hard like a keratin or anything like that but you want to take it easy.  I would look for conditioners that contains silk amino acids, hydrolyzed silk, or ceramides (wheat, soy, sunflower or do a search on ceramides) and maybe that will help with the breakage.
eternalhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eternalhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 4:06pm
I am sorry to hear that. This lady keeps her hair regimine simple, but it works for her and grows her hair. Check out some of her videos when you get time. https://www.youtube.com/Moorevolve

SoCannyDa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoCannyDa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2014 at 4:00pm
Thank youu!! I will definitely look into that! do you have any brand suggestions? 
eternalhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eternalhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 9:20pm
I use natural things. The lady in the video also does, and I love it because that's how my hair turned around by seeing what she does. She keeps it natural, ingredients and all. I use shea butter and I also purchased her homemade natural shampoo bar that she uses. Changed my life.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply