Extensions Plus

Help Please. I am bald.

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Amatuerron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amatuerron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help Please. I am bald.
    Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 12:54am
Please help me, Sorry that this is a lot, my hands are shaking and I am on the verge of tears, there needs to be a big thing I'm missing.

I'm 17, I have 4C hair and it slowly started breaking at the edges back when I used to straighten my hair all the time and not wash regularly but then was OK for about a year. Then the back started breaking off from the neck up but I didn't notice how bad it was getting because it's always up (this has happened really fast). 

It's gotten to the point where I don't have a broken off patch or section, I was just combing out my hair and realised that I have a little, decreasing healthy(ish), long(ish) section in a square at the front, in the middle and my hair is all gone. I won't be able to hide it in a headband or grips any more, it's just gone and it's really scaring me. I've never had any tension alopecia.

This has all happened after I stopped straightening; started washing once a week, blow dry on a low setting or sometimes leave it to dry and I never used to moisturise when I straightened but now I use coconut oil and leave in conditioner and I am freaking out. I get dandruff really bad so no shampoo at all isn't really an option. I watch all those natural hair care channels on YouTube.

Sponsored Links

creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 10:15pm
Do u moisturize?
Hawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2014 at 4:41am
So sorry to hear about what your going through with your hair. 

I prefer to protective style, so maybe consider a fullwig, with your hair in cornrows.

Get a spray bottle and mist your hair daily, then apply a water based lotion and seal with an oil. 

If youre in the UK PM me
Melanie Joy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melanie Joy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2015 at 2:33am
Me, my hair line is actually getting higher.. any other remedies or treatments? is Rogaine effective?
PinoyHairAddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinoyHairAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2015 at 6:26am
I'm so sorry to hear that. My hairline started breaking off when I had this habit four years ago that after bathing, I place the towel on top of my head with all my hairline back. It could be genetics, it could be stress. It could be tension. There are a lot of factors that can be considered. I advise that you seek a professional immediately to get tested if you have any kind of alopecia. Go to a trusted trichologist. Use whatever medical care you have. For the meantime, be very gentle with your hair and find wigs that are comfortable and will fit your personality and lifestyle.
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2015 at 6:35am
Jamaican black castor oil helps keep my edges thick
Rebecca0730 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebecca0730 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2015 at 10:24pm
Here are some tips, you can try. Coconut milk is rich in protein and essential fats that promote hair growth and prevent hair loss. When applied to the hair, coconut milk provides quick results. You can make fresh coconut milk at home by adding a freshly grated coconut to a pan of water. Let it simmer for 5 minutes. Then strain it. Once cool, apply the milk thoroughly onto the scalp and into your hair. Leave it on for about 20 minutes and then shampoo your hair.
Melanie Joy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melanie Joy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2015 at 3:32am
Thank you. I will try this remedies. By the way, how about if I use clip on hair extensions? is that ok? Or will it just cause more hair breakage. I mean my hair is short (above my shoulders). Since my hair grows very slow I use clip hair extensions. What do you think?
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic