Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Care - General
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help- Overprocessed Hair and Breakage- Long Post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Help- Overprocessed Hair and Breakage- Long Post

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
waterlily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterlily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help- Overprocessed Hair and Breakage- Long Post
    Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 1:44am
Hello,

I need advice on what to do with my hair. I had been relaxer free I'm guessing the last year and a half during that time I flat ironed my hair once a week and had keratin smoothing treatments done twice. My hair was fine, but during the last few months I developed a coloring bug. It started out with semi permanents then worked my way up to permanent.   I started wearing a clip on extension highlights then one day I decided to highlight a strand of my hair with a copper highlight kit. It turned out great so then I took it to another level and bought a highlight plus dye kit, dyed my whole hair then applied the highlights. It turned out ok but a little brassy on the highlights so I dyed my hair a dark brown to tone down the highlights (btw my hair is naturally black and I originally put in black dye with copper highlights all over), from then on in I wanted to go lighter and lighter. So one day I decided to buy a color remover and apply another dye + highlight set that was light brown with golden/caramel highlights. Anywho silly me thought the color remover would just strip/remove all the various different dyes I used over the past month or so- maybe about 10 different dyes of different shades, and leave my hair in it's natural black state little did I know that it contained peroxide and actually bleached my hair some strange orange brassy color. So after I striped my hair I dyed it with the dye + highlight kit. It turned out great but I noticed my hair felt a little fried. After about 2-3 weeks later I got bored and thought since my hair is technically bleached I would have no problem going an even lighter color so I dyed it a caramel blonde which I liked. Anyway long story short I decided to relax my hair a few weeks ago even though on the box it said do not use if hair is bleached or highlighted. I ignored the warning since my hair is pretty strong I thought nothing would happened since I have done countless atrocious acts in the past without consequence . I went to rinse the relaxer out and small clumps of hair started coming off especially around the highlighted section, I was mortified. I could barely comb my hair without pieces breaking off. My bangs are pretty much non-existent due to it breaking off also around my temples and crown area, and my ends are starting to feel crispy as well. My hair doesn't feel like hair pretty much, I tried to flat iron it (which I know I shouldn't  do) and it felt crispy to the touch and looked completely fried, dry, and brittle. My dye is starting to wear out and it's beginning to go back to that orange/brassy state. I want to dye it black so I can just grow out my hair, but I'm afraid my hair is too weak to withstand another color application. I sadly gave up flat ironing my hair, I clipped the ends (my hair is just above shoulder), I did the aphogee protein treatment, I'm using ORS hair Mayo.  In summary I died my hair about 10-15 times, inadvertently bleached about 70% of my hair (mostly the outer layers nothing underneath), dyed my hair another 5-10 times, then relaxed my hair when it said not to. So my question is how do I restore my hair back to it's former glory and what can I do about the brassy orange bleach starting to reappear. Also I forgot to mention that I apply lotions and creams (elasta qp mango butter, Ors breakage repair cream) but it seems like it makes my hair even more dry which I guess is normal since my hair is probably really porous due to all the hair dye. I used African's best shea leave in conditioner it seemed to help a bit. Anyway I really need advice on what to do to restore my hair. Sorry for the lengthy post, but im at my wits end and am tempted to just shave my hair off, wear a wig, and start anew. I actually bought a lace front wig and wore it one day to test it out but it was too dam hot , tight, shed like crazy and just generally looked really fake despite it having a part.

Thanks

Smile

P.S. I am fully aware I went overboard on the dye and relaxer I honestly just didn't think anything would happened, and I got bored with my color easily, hence the frequent dye jobs.

Edited by waterlily - Jul 09 2014 at 2:06am
Sponsored Links

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style