Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP! Ordered lace front was sent wrong one?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Hawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 11:57am
i think its the same

Sponsored Links

reneex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reneex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 1:32pm
What if I wash and air dry it and it still doesn't look the same then I can't send it back and refund will be impossible

I am crying tearfully in distress
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 2:03pm
Curly & wavy textured processed hair, especially curly and deep wavy, need to be at least co-washed before showing its true texture.  I would give it a good shampoo & deep condition, dry it on a wig head (I like Ms Celie's tip of drying curlies in the net that the wig came in).

Read the tips here on how to care for a wig /weaves of that type of texture.  Is it Afro curly?

ETA to add that I also think it's the same wig that the model is wearing.

Edited by chatnoir - May 24 2013 at 2:04pm
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 3:06pm
Yes, I agree with the others.
I wear afro/kinky/curly units everyday and they do not look like the 'picture' when you first receive it.

You have to wash/co the unit and apply a bit of product to it. Then put it on your head and work with it to see the real wave pattern.
brittsemone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brittsemone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 6:18pm
BREATHE!
I think it looks the same, honestly.
Yes, you need to cowash it first. In the model pic, the hair has clearly been played with to achieve that look.

Like the previous poster said, go ahead and wash it. Let it dry, put it on and play with it.

&& after all of that, if it STILL doesn't look right, and you are convinced that you were sent the wrong one, then contact the seller and let them know you think you received the wrong item. 

Edited by brittsemone - May 24 2013 at 6:20pm
reneex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reneex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 8:26am
Hey everyone thank you so so much for your help. I washed the hair, let it air dry,
finger combed it when dry and damp and used a paddle brush. The hair is very full, but it definitely is not the hair that was in the original pictures. I've wasted $181 on a piece of crap. To say I'm annoyed would be an understatement. I have been ripped off. And to ship it to U.S would cost quite a bit too. It seems one option is to flat iron it to make it wearable but I hate the look of straight yaki hair on me and what have you. I prefer a thick afro texture. And I was thinking of wearing it in bunches/pigtails but that just brings attention to my broad wide cheekbones.

So essentially I am going to go cry in a corner in a blanket of stress.
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 12:23pm
Sorry that the wig isn't working out for you.  Can you please post a pic of the wig (post wash)?  

Also, a Denman style brush is best for brushing thru curlies, like the classic D3 style.  The Denman helps to separate and define curls (brush thru while damp, and do not touch the hair once you've finished brushing it).
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 12:31pm
OP,
you could also try just selling the wig if you're unhappy with it.
I think it's pretty, but I do think the one sent looks synthetic and the one in the first pictures look more human hair...
Denyce X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denyce X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 10:54am
It looks the same to me, only lighter in your picture.
What was the description?  You can't just go by the picture, the description and title play a huge factor.
The picture is just to be referenced to.
reneex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reneex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2013 at 7:11am
The hair is a mess. It's disgusting. Tangled everywhere, stinks like dog sh*t. I can't even touch it with a 10 ft barge pole. When I look at the hair I feel physically sick and gag.

Asked seller for a refund and awaiting reply.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic