Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Help! need to make this silky hair more yaki

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
Mizz_Sunshine_69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mizz_Sunshine_69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! need to make this silky hair more yaki
    Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 4:09pm
Hey ladies,

I am coming to you for some advice. I've recently bought some hair wefts onling from a CV for the first time. I recieved it very quickly and realised that it is NOT Yaki texture like I asked for.... I don't know what to do! It's Brazilian Hair and is gorgeous and thick but far too silky. I paid a fortune for shipping so I really don't wanna have to return the hair.

I've seen an old thread on how to change the hair texture by braiding the hair and using foam perm and I'm considering trying this but I'm scared. I've seen a fotki tutorial on it for a wig but this is for wefts so slightly different.

Has anyone ever done this? How big should I make the plaits? What will it be like after washing? 

I just want to achieve a light yaki texture that will match my leave out and don't wanna screw it up.

Any help from ANYONE would be recieved with lots of appreciation.

This is the fotki that i saw: http://public.fotki.com/mocolace/making_silky_hair/
I hope the poster doesn't mind me sharing it.
Sponsored Links

510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 6:48pm
what was the fortune in shipping?..............post pics of the hair please
mocharoni View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mocharoni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 7:15pm
You'd have to make the braids super small.  I've never done it, but I suspect it would look more like a kinky straight. 

What origin is the hair, is it Chinese?

Have you tried washing/clarifying the hair to remove any silicones the vendor may have applied?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mizz_Sunshine_69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 9:31pm
Hey ladies,

Thanks so much for replying.

I've been trying for the best part of an hour to upload the pics I've just taken of this hair but I have no idea so I've stuck them in this fotki album: http://public.fotki.com/MizzSunshine69/hair/

I have washed and deep conditioned the hair and much to my suprise, it does actually have quite a low luster appearance (I know it doesn't look like it in one of them but I had the camera flash right up close to it). It's very thick to the touch but very soft. It's difficult to describe.

The pic of the goofy face is me and my hair texture although, it's much longer than that now so falls a lot more loosely. My grandfather is spanish and I have very fine hair which is relaxed. When flat ironed (which I do once a week then wrap to maintain it) It's straight to the point of looking like Indian hair (so I'm told).

What do you ladies think? Can I get away with the hair left as it is?

I got an 18", 16" and 14". It's supposed to be 'Brazilian' in origin. I was scepticle as they say that this stuff doesn't really exist but it does feel very different in texture to Indian straight and Chinese straight that I have bought before. Thicker stands and not shiny, which is why I like it.

Thanks so much for your help. Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mizz_Sunshine_69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by mocharoni mocharoni wrote:

You'd have to make the braids super small.  I've never done it, but I suspect it would look more like a kinky straight. 

What origin is the hair, is it Chinese?

Have you tried washing/clarifying the hair to remove any silicones the vendor may have applied?

This is exactly what I'm afraid of... If it came out like kinky straight, it would make it totally unusable for me because it would be way to coarse... This is why I'm afraid to do it... I'm toying with installing it as it is because it's quite low luster and after studying my own hair, it has almost no micro kink to it when flat ironed so it could blend pretty well.

I guess I was just coming here for some second opinions coz you ladies are like the goddesses of hair... lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mizz_Sunshine_69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 2:24pm
So no chance of me getting away with leaving it as it is? I've been thinking that if I leaveout just a tiny perimiter, it could be ok.

I spoke to the CV today and they've stated that this IS their yaki texture. apparently it's been treated to remove the shine and lustre to make it more like a natural straight/yaki... I guess the BSS Yaki that I've been used to is a little different.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mizz_Sunshine_69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 8:10pm
Ok, I will try that.

Thanks so much for your help. Hug

Will post pics if its a success.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon