Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedHelp!! Natural girls thinning hair wont grow!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
kensdoll2005 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help!! Natural girls thinning hair wont grow!
    Posted: Mar 07 2011 at 6:03pm
I have been natural again now for about a year and a half.  My hair was growing slowly and then the crown area seemed to stop growing while the rest continued. I cut it all down to the length of the crown about two months ago, but now it seems that none of my hair is really growing.  My hair is about 1/2 an inch in the top and about 1 inch or so in the back and on the sides.  What is wrong with me? Does anyone have any suggestions?  Would the Hairfinity vitamins work for me? 
Sponsored Links

Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2011 at 7:51pm
is the crown breaking?  are you doing anything that would cause breakage in the crown?  if so, you need to stop doing whatever is causing the breakage and then baby it back to health.  what is your reggie like?  how do you wear your hair regularly?  have you tried protective styling?
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2011 at 8:18pm
^IA w/ Heavy Rotation.

Post your regimen so we can see what you do. You may just need to tweak it a little. Smile

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2011 at 9:45pm
I don't really have a regimen right now.  I have gotten so much info from so many people that I am drowning in a sea of information.  I figured here I would find a solution to the problem.  I am diabetic and hypertensive and take meds for these.  Could that be the problem?  However, I know people with my same issues who have wonderful hair.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2011 at 10:15pm
it could be the medication...how your hair reacts may be very different than how others' hair reacts.  what are the side effects?  did you ask your doctor?  even google?

i assume that you are shampooing and conditioning your hair regularly?  do you wear a lot of tight pony's?  do you have tight extensions that maybe pulling at your crown?  have you ever experienced breakage in your crown before?  if so, did you narrow down the cause?

we are trying to pin point why the breakage is happening just in the middle of your crown....so, telling us as much about your hair routine as possible is really essential.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2011 at 2:22pm
I shampoo my hair about two to three times a week depending on my activity level.  My head sweats before anything else seems like.  I have been using a two-in-one shampoo and conditioner.  I was told that some people experience hair issues (thinning, breakage, or both) while others have had no problems.  I seem to be one of those people that if it is going to happen, it happens to me.  I am going to start on some Biotin this week and I am thinking about ordering the Hairfinity vitamins.  I figure it can't hurt, and I am hoping it will help.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2011 at 3:10pm
Thanks for the input everyone.  It has been helpful.  I am going to have to take better care of my hair and try some different things.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2011 at 3:30pm
Since I am going to try to get my hair growning again.  What is a good regimen for me to follow?  I know that many of you here have some good insights into this.  I was thinking about the following:
Shampoo - once weekly
Co-wash - three times a week
Leave-in conditioner - daily
Moisturize - daily
Biotin - daily

When layering components, which do you use first?  Leave-in, cream moisturizer, or oil?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2011 at 10:34pm
^^^i would talk to your doctor bef starting the vitamins, just to make sure.

your reggie looks good:

biotin will not help with breakage....so you have to determine if it is breakage or thinning.

what type of poo are you using?  sulfate or no sulfate?
nostalgiajones View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2011 at 10:40pm
Its seems like you are shampooing too much and stripping your hair of its natural oils, keeping it dry and brittle thus easy to break. 

I would suggest instead of buying hairfinity vitamins, you use generic "hair, skin and nails" vitamins and perhaps invest a good sulfate free shampoo, conditioner and leave in. 

Also, have you tried a growth aid?
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic