Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
NailtechDC View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help My Tracks are showing
    Posted: Aug 15 2010 at 5:15am
among other problems....Just like LexiAzria, my hair is sewn in too tight and I let this chick talk me into using synthetic hair.  She used a horseshoe and I feel that she didn't leave enough out.  

Usually I go to Jehan or ONYC but this time I had a emergency event this week and I can't wait like a month or two to get an appointment.    My tracks have never shown like this and I can't imagine walking around two months like this because its obviously a weave.  I'm used to people thinking my weave is my real hair.

I told her that I was not happy with the leave out area even before she sewed the hair on but she said that I was just self conscious and she she should cover the tracks.

She she styled it very good and the way she pushed the hair around the horseshoe she was able to cover it pretty well but I'm no stylist...when I got home I cannot recreate the look.  Once I brushed my hair a little...tracks start popping up everywhere.  I keep trying to cover the tracks but I can't do it. I have like a rounded horseshoe..I can cover the two sides pretty good, but the back curve of the horseshoe is totally exposed if I do that way.   When she did it she took a tiny thin piece and pulled it

TO make matters worse...I suffer from alopecia areata and I just happen to have a few smooth spots in the leave out section so my leave out section is extremely thin....to the point that one of the bald spots is barely covered when I part my hair.   I told her before that my hair is very tricky it appears to be very thick but when straightened its every thin in the crown and any flaws would be noticeable.  I also told her that she would really have to check the leave out area for alopecia patches. I watched the first two parts she made and no bald spots appears and
she appeared to check the section and told me okay it was fine. 

This is my fault for not checking the section myself..I guess.  I hate to walk a stylist through a hair style step by step...because I lknow it annoys them.  I just assumed that she had her own technique...and I didn't know it all so I let her do her thing. 

Sponsored Links

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2010 at 5:26am
also when I called to see what could be done...she insist that there was nothing wrong. she could take down but would charge me for another full weave.   And that I should know my hair better than her..so I should have told her exactly how much I needed out.......I really dont know how much I need out....I never had to figure it out on my own. So I feel like Its my fault.

My only other option is a closure...and I don't like that look at all.

I have never had to section off my own hair when going to Jehan or ONYC.....Jehan measures with her fingers just how much leave out I need and she also checked for alopecia spots for me.  With Jehan I just sit back and relax...I never had to tell her how much or how to braid my hair.  I can brush my hair as much as I want and no tracks were ever exposed.

I'm trying to decide whether I can be a bad weave girl for a month.....but I'm so use to people thinking it's my hair and I'd have a lot of explaining to do........I don't even know what to say to people cause I know they will be asking.  

I feel like crying.
MooMonSTAR View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2010 at 5:31am
pics? sorry you are upset let's see what can be done to fix it...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2010 at 5:35am
sorry....I have already started taking it down..I have the first track around the horse almost out...just to see if that will make a difference. I just cant do it...Let me see if I can get my cam and take a few pics before I go any further. 
MooMonSTAR View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2010 at 5:39am

kay...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2010 at 5:45am
never mind...I give up I can't even get the first track off...I have no idea what she did at the end of the weft...its like she did fifty slip knots or something...I can't get it out and I'm scared i''m going to cut my hair

sbrooke View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2010 at 6:10am
Take your hair down with a seam ripper. So it won't cut your hair
TheSweetLife View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2010 at 7:50am
I'm sorry sweetie, this sounds horrible. Whenever you say youre upset a stylist should work diligently to correct the error not call you "self conscious". You can't be working with a bad weave for a month. 
Mai Ava View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2010 at 10:56am
I am so sorry this happened! I can't believe that instead of trying to help you fix it, she'd charge you for another weave. Tracks showing is a faulty weave...PERIOD. And you DID try and mention your concerns, and she said that you were just "self-conscious."    Seems very passive aggressive to me, and I'm sorry you had to deal with this. I really hope you're able to find a good solution - I know when your hair's not right, nothing is right.

edited for spelling                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Edited by Mai Ava - Aug 15 2010 at 11:37am
cutescorpio View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2010 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Mai Ava Mai Ava wrote:

I am so sorry this happened! I can't believe that instead of trying to help you fix it, she'd charge you for another weave. Tracks showing is a faulty weave...PERIOD. And you DID try and mention your concerns, and she said that you were just "self-conscious."    Seems very passive aggressive to me, and I'm sorry you had to deal with this. I really hope you're able to find a good solution - I know when you're hair's not right, nothing is right.        

Powerful statement!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic