BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Help! My mother is in pain! - UPDATE: Resolved

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
thebombdotkom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebombdotkom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! My mother is in pain! - UPDATE: Resolved
    Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 1:23pm
UPDATE 10/15/13: Thank you everyone for your help. HugMy mom took her weave down and went to the doctor. The area has been treated and I personally made sure she got all her money back from that disgusting stylist. It was a parasite according to the doctor but I don't know any other details since I had to go back to uni this morning. I'm just glad I was there to be able to help her because she knows nothinggggg about hair at all.

ATTENTION !CUIDADO! WARNING: (The following paragraph may be TMI)
I ended up washing and cleansing her scalp (acv rinse) and I actually ruptured the bumps that caused her so much pain and I could actually see the larvae implanted in there Dead I dug them out with tweezers and took a suggestion from an article that I read online (I forget which one) and took some cortizone and vasoline and stuck in craters as a means to suffocate the parasite/larvae, and as the article suggested, the parasite came crawling up to the surface for air, and I pulled that sucker out. I'm proud of myself LOL but no, the whole thing was extremely disgusting and I made sure that I was properly covered myself (I even put a face mask on) so that nothing could jump into my hair or on my person LOL ....but yeah she went to the doctor and so she's all good now.

ORIGINAL POST
So, my mom goes went to this hairstylist who I advised against because she's just not very knowledgeable.

She got a full-head weave in about a week ago and she called me this morning saying she had trouble sleeping on her head because of some sores that she realized had developed on her scalp. They were a little bigger than the average pimple size, flaky and red. She scratched them by time I got there so they were starting to ooze a white pus but it was somewhat of a solid puss and not the fluid white pus that you usually see come out of pimples. Gross. Sorry.

She said that her braids weren't tight (they didn't look tight upon my inspection, and her scalp wasn't red except for where her bumps were) and that she had gone to this woman plenty times before and this never happened. Her scalp was also very clean. No dandruff, no itching (not even the infected areas)

I just wanted some insight on to what could have caused these? She refuses to go to the doctor for her own reasons and she believes that perhaps she had an allergic reaction to the hair that her stylist put in? She said it was some "peruvian hair" that her stylist had received and she used that instead of the hair I got for her. She also said she noticed that her stylist had excema or some sort of rash or on hands but for whatever reason she failed to ask her about it Dead

So in a nutshell, here are her symptoms:
Flaky, red bumps that ooze solid white pus (sorry for the TMI, I know it's gross)
Braids not tight
Normal weave routine from start to finish (minus the new hair her stylist had)
I only noticed one ingrown hair which I removed from the bumps
The bumps seem to form in a cluster
Clean scalp
No itching even on the bump areas
Had trouble sleeping on pillows due to the pain of the bumps

Can anyone give me some insight? I've searched online and I've seen everything from ingrown head hairs to simply scalp pimples, but none of the descriptions truly fit my mother's condition. If you could help me in any way with identifying and treating it while I'm at home, please let me know! Smile You could PM me or respond here.

Edited by thebombdotkom - Oct 15 2013 at 1:13pm
Sponsored Links

DaBaddest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DaBaddest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 1:37pm
Maybe she had an allergic reaction to the weave. My aunt had one a few years back and they admitted her into the hospital for a few days. Try to convince her to go to the hospital just to be safe.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebombdotkom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by DaBaddest DaBaddest wrote:

Maybe she had an allergic reaction to the weave. My aunt had one a few years back and they admitted her into the hospital for a few days. Try to convince her to go to the hospital just to be safe.

Thanks for your response! That's what she thinks is going on. She also JUST disclosed to me that the stylist used "unprocessed peruvian hair" that she did not shampoo or condition before putting in my mother's hair Dead I am livid.
LaTreMagnifique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaTreMagnifique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 1:54pm
I second the above response. This happened to my cousin after using unprocessed virgin hair. Hers turned out to be a parasite. I'm not sure if she washed it first either. If not, this is a red flag that indicates allergic reaction or dare I say it...something more. I'd wash the hair immediately and if symptoms persist, I'd take my mommy to emergency/urgent care f-a-s-t.
mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzsophisticated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 2:21pm
It sounds like its from the weave, she may want to visit a dr so she can ensure its not a parasite. It's even more disturbing that the person did not even wash the hair that she claim was "unprocessed". I don't understand how some people think that washing weave will mess it up. I never just co-wash my weave. I use clarify poo, moisturizing poo, protein condish, moisturizing condish and color jet black before the weave touches my head or wig cap.
mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mzsophisticated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 2:22pm
In the meantime she may want to wash her hair and weave and then apply some aloe vera gel to the areas
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 2:40pm
U need to take ur Mom to a doctor. She had a bad reaction to the hair and the stylist did a hack job
MrsBishop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsBishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 2:54pm
Also please call the stylist and educate her so she can keep her nastiness from killing someone! I swear weave will be the death of us. I wish your mom would go to the Drs though, just to make sure its not something more serious. Nobody here is a Dr to confirm that yes this is exactly what it is, cause it sounds like it could be a laundry list of things.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebombdotkom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 2:58pm
Thank you ladies for all your help! When I looked up "parasite on scalp" the pictures look IDENTICAL to what my mom has on her scalp. I'm absolutely disgusted! I've cleansed her scalp but I'm taking my mother to the doctor's ASAP.

I'm also getting ready to call the stylist and tell her about herself.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebombdotkom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

U need to take ur Mom to a doctor. She had a bad reaction to the hair and the stylist did a hack job

The job was awful and my mom said she spent upwards of $200 on it! She even paid for the hair! This is absolutely unbelievable and I'm going to make sure she gets back every penny she spent.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic