Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Computers!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help! my computer is HORRIBLY slow!

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
NinaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NinaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! my computer is HORRIBLY slow!
    Posted: Feb 15 2011 at 11:11pm
Hi,

I'm a freelance worker and I use my home computer for contracts with tight deadlines. In order to do my work, I need to have several windows opened  and that includes several internet sites on at once where  I will launch searches. Unfortunately, the number of windows opened is severely slowing down my entire computer and I don't know what to do about it.

I've had my computer checked twice at an electronics shop and was told that everything was normal (but I don't think they could simulate the conditions in which I work, with the numbers of windows I need to have opened at once and that may have skewed the results a little).

I was advised to add some memory, which I did. I was also advised to contact my internet provider to insure the problem wasn't on their end. They tested and told me everything was fine and that I had high speed internet. I even bought an application to speed up my PC and detect registry errors (by Uniblue). I notice that the errors detected accumulate at an alarming speed whenever I spend more than an hour online, which is very impractical because cleaning them up takes some time.

Despite all of these steps I have taken, I still have major operating problems with slow response from my computer online and off. Rebooting will speed things up temporarily but within an hour or two, the same thing occurs again. What am I missing? Any suggestions? This is my livelihood and it's seriously causing me harm. I don't know what to do short of buying a new PC (for which I do not have the money right now). Also, I must point out that I have plently of space left on my hard drive) What do I do?

Thanks in advance for your replies. I'll check on this thread in the next few days. Please somebody respond! My livelihood is at stake
Sponsored Links

Gia2009 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gia2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2011 at 12:08am
You need a new PC. I bought one off of HSN and they said that you can have as many windows open and it won't effect your preformance and they were correct. I have a Gateway laptop it is a NV55C; Intel Pentium P6200, 3 gb memory, 500 Gm HDD and the screen is 15.6".  It cost me 4 payments of flex pay of $162. It may not be on sale right now, because they only do these sales when they are showing electronics for that day.

Check into that and just do the flex pay option.
prettypeal09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettypeal09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2011 at 1:44pm
I'm not a computer expert but I spend a lot of time on the internet and on my computer and somtimes I notice the computer speed decreasing as well.  What I do is frequently run disk cleanups to remove all of the old temporary internet files, error reports and logs, cookies, my browsing history and etc. because that helps to generate more memory and increase my speed.  I also think that you should minimize or close any other programs that are running at the same time that you do not need (e.g. the ones on the quick launch section).
NinaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NinaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2011 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Gia2009 Gia2009 wrote:

You need a new PC. I bought one off of HSN and they said that you can have as many windows open and it won't effect your preformance and they were correct. I have a Gateway laptop it is a NV55C; Intel Pentium P6200, 3 gb memory, 500 Gm HDD and the screen is 15.6".  It cost me 4 payments of flex pay of $162. It may not be on sale right now, because they only do these sales when they are showing electronics for that day.

Hey Gia! I'm glad you gave me that information. I was just looking at laptops today at Staples. Didn't notice any Gateway laptops but now that I have your specifications, and can look for similar features. I really need a highly performing computer to use for work or I'm screwed. Thanks. I don't get it tho, because my PC is not that old (not recent either, but not old) and there's plenty of space left in there.... Anyway thanks a lot for all the info, I'm printing and bringing it with me when I shop!

Edited by NinaS - Feb 16 2011 at 5:33pm
NinaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NinaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2011 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by prettypeal09 prettypeal09 wrote:

I'm not a computer expert but I spend a lot of time on the internet and on my computer and somtimes I notice the computer speed decreasing as well.  What I do is frequently run disk cleanups to remove all of the old temporary internet files, error reports and logs, cookies, my browsing history and etc. because that helps to generate more memory and increase my speed.  I also think that you should minimize or close any other programs that are running at the same time that you do not need (e.g. the ones on the quick launch section).

Hi, prettypeal. So I guess this happens to a lot of people. I actually do a lot of what you suggested because I bought a software by Uniblue called SpeedUpYourPc that is designed specifically for these tasks. And I also increased my memory on my PC. I'm a little annoyed because I put more money in this computer than I should have, trying to fix the problem (brought it to Staples twice for a checkup, on top of buying the software...

Edited by NinaS - Feb 16 2011 at 5:31pm
prettypeal09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettypeal09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2011 at 9:54pm
You know I'm a bit skeptical about those softwares, but if it works for you ( I just use the ones already installed on the computer but like I said I'm not an expert).  Try doing a google search and checking on computer forums for info about streamling your computer. 

I hope you find a solution to your problem. 
Gia2009 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gia2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2011 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by NinaS NinaS wrote:

Originally posted by Gia2009 Gia2009 wrote:

Hey Gia! I'm glad you gave me that information. I was just looking at laptops today at Staples. Didn't notice any Gateway laptops but now that I have your specifications, and can look for similar features. I really need a highly performing computer to use for work or I'm screwed. Thanks. I don't get it tho, because my PC is not that old (not recent either, but not old) and there's plenty of space left in there.... Anyway thanks a lot for all the info, I'm printing and bringing it with me when I shop!

You're welcome!! Hope you find what you are looking for! I need to make a correction its 500 GB HDD NOT 500 Gm HDD.
webbgurl2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote webbgurl2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2011 at 3:28pm
Virus or too many downloads. Faster processor may be needed.
tigress85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigress85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2011 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by prettypeal09 prettypeal09 wrote:

Yes this ^^
JohnVich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnVich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 2:17am
you can try the krojam cleaner to clean up your pc and get back the pcs performance ....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic