Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Types
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help me with my Transition.

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
JaChole13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaChole13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help me with my Transition.
    Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 11:49am
Ok im not really sure where or how to find what to do with my hair. i am transitioning from relaxed hair because i have damaged it. i did perms myself & too often . I don't know the steps to take care of my hair now. i started using a Cantu Shea butter leave in conditioner which left my hair dry afterwards. I don't know of a oil to use to seal but i do have coconut oil on hand. i believe i am a 1b or 1a hair type or so. My hair is very COARSE, extremely rough. i do not currently have a shampoo or really even a conditioner that i know will work for my hair. I'm not sure if i have split ends or if they are just dry. I'm am sure there are hundreds of things that are on here already about this topic but i really need help maintaining my hair. i haven't had a perm in 3 months & i wear weaves with partial leave out. I also don't know what to do with my ends, dry & rough also. my mom says to perm them but i want them to match with the rest of my hair. I am only 16 btw. Please help by listing products to use & or regimens.
Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 7:16pm
Are you open to transistioning with braids or weaves?
JaChole13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaChole13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 2:11am
I wear weaves as my protective style
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 9:59am
Well I would keep it simple as possible because transitioning is a delicate situation due to the hair  being very fragile when growing out an relaxer.  I would look for a shampoo that is moisturizing and posibily doesn't contain any sulfates.  Speaking on my experience, I noticed my hair did remarkably better when I stopped using shampoos that contains harsh sulfates but it may or may not apply to you.  I would also find a reconstructor to help stave off breakage.  Something that fits the bill that comes to mind are:Nexxus Emergencee, Joico K-Pak treatment, Affirm 5 in 1 or Positive Link, Mizani Kerafuse, etc.  But you only use it monthly if that.  Otherwise when you take your weave down, I would deep condition your hair to put some moisture in your hair.  Some deep conditioners I like so far is the Organic Root Stimulator HAIRepair Nourishing Conditioner, BOE Crece Pelo (in a green jar), Nubian Heritage Masque (any one.  Of course this will be different for you since no two heads are alike.  And when it comes to drying my hair, if you choose to blow your hair, I recommend using a heat protectant to prevent the hair from becoming fried.  Personally I only dry my hair to the point when it is 85% dry but that is because my hair is super porous.  Hopefully more people will chime in.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic