Angkor Cambodian Hair

help me troubleshoot my hair!!

Post Reply Post Reply

Bootiful Cream

Author
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help me troubleshoot my hair!!
    Posted: May 18 2014 at 11:34pm
I'm about to cut my hair OFF. It hasn't retained length this year and it just feels fragile most of the time. My ends are splitting and I have parts were there's breakage. The really strange thing is there was a time when I felt like it did look healthy. I'm posting this after midnight when I should have been sleep 2 hrs ago because I'm really stressing here. I follow all the rules for healthy hair it seems. My hair is stuck just above apl and I know I get the average .5 inch a month.

My current reggi is as follows...

Wash day
Sulfate free shampoo in sections every 7-12 days.
DC with Shea moisture anti breakage products with heat for 15-20 mins every wash. Finger detangle while applying products (this has cut down on breakage)
Rinse out DC with cool water.
Use Shea moisture curl enchacing smoothie as my leave in and put hair into large twists to stretch. I never use heat

I don't want to overload my hair with products so i moisturize every 3 days. I almost never wear it out unless I happen to change up styles which is usually every 3 days or so. I'm into vintage/antique hairstyles so I don't find back to back updos that challenging.

I will say that my trims aren't that regular. I don't want to keep cutting off my hair. I have a habit of trimming my hair when I see damage. I don't know how to tell if my shears are dull (any advice here?). I do know how to trim my hair without straightening it and how to keep it even thanks to good ole YouTube.

I can provide any additional information that may be useful in determining why my ends feel and look consistanlty awful. I just really will not be happy until my hair is waist length or at least is making decent progress again.
Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 12:14am
I am no Pro because I have my own struggles.
From what you've posted, everything seem on point.
The only other thing I can think of is your diet, and of course stress is a detriment.

Some of the hair Pros will chime in later today.

Good Luck
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 12:22am
Originally posted by mangachan mangachan wrote:

I'm about to cut my hair OFF. It hasn't retained length this year and it just feels fragile most of the time. My ends are splitting and I have parts were there's breakage. The really strange thing is there was a time when I felt like it did look healthy. I'm posting this after midnight when I should have been sleep 2 hrs ago because I'm really stressing here. I follow all the rules for healthy hair it seems. My hair is stuck just above apl and I know I get the average .5 inch a month.

My current reggi is as follows...

Wash day
Sulfate free shampoo in sections every 7-12 days.
DC with Shea moisture anti breakage products with heat for 15-20 mins every wash. Finger detangle while applying products (this has cut down on breakage)
Rinse out DC with cool water.
Use Shea moisture curl enchacing smoothie as my leave in and put hair into large twists to stretch. I never use heat

I don't want to overload my hair with products so i moisturize every 3 days. I almost never wear it out unless I happen to change up styles which is usually every 3 days or so. I'm into vintage/antique hairstyles so I don't find back to back updos that challenging.

I will say that my trims aren't that regular. I don't want to keep cutting off my hair. I have a habit of trimming my hair when I see damage. I don't know how to tell if my shears are dull (any advice here?). I do know how to trim my hair without straightening it and how to keep it even thanks to good ole YouTube.

I can provide any additional information that may be useful in determining why my ends feel and look consistanlty awful. I just really will not be happy until my hair is waist length or at least is making decent progress again.

You might want to look into the max hydration method 5 step regimen. It can also be done every 1-3 days. Maybe the products and techniques you are using right now are just not right for you hair. For length rentention and a knot and split end free life, you need to be adequately moisturizing your hair for you hair's needs. So your hair is telling you it isn't getting moisturized from your products and methods. Length retention comes with this method easily as well.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937.html
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 5:38pm
Sometimes less is more. Try plain Aloe gel to moisturize? You could probably go a little longer than 3 days on that. It has "staying power".

You could also try plain Shea butter. Melt it in the microwave until it's soft then apply it to your hair.

That's all I can think of.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply