BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Help Me My Roman Closure is Balding

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
live2shop10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote live2shop10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help Me My Roman Closure is Balding
    Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 11:58am

Hey ladies, 

I used to be a regular on the site but I took a break when I decided to get braids. I'm back now in need of dire advice and help with my Roman lace closure. Upon learning about "virgin" hair I found this forum last year and decided to try a closure so I could achieve  a middle part without perming or flat ironing my natural hair. So last year in August after much emails had been sent I purchased two closures from him, a Indain wavy lace closure and another lace closure I had him dupe to achieve the same look as my Queens deep wavy hair. Upon getting the closure I co washed and then bleached the knots and died the hair so they could match my wefts. The closure installation was alright but then a few weeks later the closure started to bald. My stylist and I decided to remove the wavy and instal the deep wavy. The deep wavy for some reason matched better with my wefts but that to in a few weeks started to bald. I was upset and removed the closure and took my install down. I decided to just do my traditional style (a full install with a bang) and to give closures a rest. Fast forward a year later, I began to lurk back on the board to see if anyone had any remarkable experiences with vendors in regards to closures. To my surprise several people were raving about Roman and his closures. I decided that I would try Roman again and let my new stylist bleach the knots since he was a professional colorist. I got the closure installed on the 2nd and it was LAID! I was in love with the entire installation and then when I went to get my hair washed my stylist pointed out that the closure was slightly balding at the top.  Since then the closure has balded significantly. I contacted Roman and he said he would talk to the factory and he would give me a discount on my next closure. At this point I do not think I want to order another one from him. I wanted to know if this has occurred with anyone else who has ordered from Roman? In addition can anyone suggest or recommend where I can purchase a good closure in NYC or a site that sells reputable closures for a decent price.

Here are some pics of the closure that I took 

Sponsored Links

LaTreMagnifique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LaTreMagnifique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 12:46pm
I have never purchased a closure from Roman. But generally, I hear good things about his closures in particular.

I may be wrong, but it looks like the knots may be a bit overbleached. Overbleaching the knots weakens the hair and causes it to break where the hair is attached to the lace. I know because way back when, I did the same thing. 

What volume developer areyou using to bleach the knots and how long are you allowing it to sit?
keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 12:57pm
I also agree with over bleaching. But boy that's horrible!
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 1:23pm
Your closure is over bleached and you have to seal after bleaching the knots.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 2:55pm
That balding is definitely from bleaching.
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 7:03pm
what da fukkkkkkkkkk! I didnot expect that. But like previous response you closure seems to be over bleacked and i'm not sure if its weven worth salvaging. best of luck in finding a new one
xx_quanna_x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote xx_quanna_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 7:51pm
Shockedwasn't expecting it to look like natural balding 
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by xx_quanna_x xx_quanna_x wrote:

Shockedwasn't expecting it to look like natural balding 

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL I just bursted out laughing at this comment.  Sorry OP but yes its over bleaching. If the knots are while like that the hair is melted off and only has a few washes to cling onto that net. Its way over bleached. 
live2shop10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote live2shop10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 7:59pm
Thanks ladies.. when I received the closure from Roman it did not look as if the lace had been "bleached" it looked like it had been slightly touched thats the reason why I had my stylist bleach it again. Should I purchase another one from Roman and ask him not to bleach the closure and just do it on my own to prevent overbleaching? Has anyone tried ClosureAddictz? I've been looking into them and Ming Lees closures. Ive been thinking about trying to find an AliExpress Closure vendor but Im to scared to be let down again.
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 1:29am
Originally posted by live2shop10 live2shop10 wrote:

Thanks ladies.. when I received the closure from Roman it did not look as if the lace had been "bleached" it looked like it had been slightly touched thats the reason why I had my stylist bleach it again. Should I purchase another one from Roman and ask him not to bleach the closure and just do it on my own to prevent overbleaching? Has anyone tried ClosureAddictz? I've been looking into them and Ming Lees closures. Ive been thinking about trying to find an AliExpress Closure vendor but Im to scared to be let down again.

It seems like your stylist doesn't know how to bleach knots. You could ask roman not to bleach but also make sure that your stylist also know that the closures were overbleached and she/he should carefully watch the closure while bleaching.   Last tip...seal the knots.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic