Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

HELP! Lace won't stay down! :(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! Lace won't stay down! :(
    Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 7:26pm
Hi. I'm meeting my boyfriend's parents soon (either tomorrow or saturday)

Okay, so I just got a new glueless lace front wig and i put it behind my hairline. the issue is, where i part it, the lace keeps lifting up. I want to keep it flat down so it blends with my part. I used edge control and something of the same consistency but stronger. it helps to lay it flat down but unfortunately, it only lasts like 5 minutes.

Please don't recommend the tootsie method. i tried it and it failed. it was a waste of my money. i uploaded the pics on tinypic so you can see what i'm talking about.

Really need help because I'm meeting my boyfriend's parents soon!! the wig looks cute and much more natural when parted. I hate having to slick it back and put a headband over it because the lace keeps lifting :(

Can't upload the pic directly to the post b/c i keep getting
Server Error in Forum Application

http://i59.tinypic.com/xnubrr.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/rc2g4i.jpg

Also any other tips to make it look natural would be appreciated. I think I'm gonna tweeze the part to make it wider

Edited by peaceloveandcurls - Mar 13 2014 at 7:27pm
Sponsored Links

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 7:52pm
Get some got2be gel and put a dab right under the tip of the edge of the lace thats lifting. Put enough that its white but it will dry clear. Once it starts drying use a rattail comb to push the lace down.  and wahala it will stay stuck until you remove it with water.

Edited by sugabanana - Mar 13 2014 at 8:12pm
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 7:59pm
thanks for the tip suga Clap
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 8:12pm
I hate lifting lace....It just screams wiggy monster.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 11:47pm
thanks! I used to try the got2be (both the gel and the white paste) and I got the same results as the edge control :/ 
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 6:23am
If I were you, and this happened, and I was going to be meeting the bf's parents... I'd be ordering me some blue liner tape, pronto.  Sounds like this wig on your head needs something stronger, at least until you can figure out if maybe the right alteration can fix the problem.  But if you had tape on hand, at lesat you'd feel you could make it hold when you really really need it to!
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 8:39am
But how are you going to tape the blue liner tape ... to your actual hair?

Tape is supposed to be applied to the skin ... so that is gonna lift too.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Mar 14 2014 at 8:39am
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 8:41am
I am assuming that tape will stick to the lace even if Got2Be won't.  I sure was not advising her to stick tape on hair! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 12:09pm
I do have some tape but I tried using it before, applying it on the wig cap. Didn't work but I guess I could try again today. I put th glue on last night and put a satin scarf on it all night, as soon as I gently took off it started lifting again :/
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 12:13pm

When you did try the tape, did you place it on skin, not hair?  Was your skin really clean/rubbed with alcohol first?  Was the wig rubbed with alcohol first?  If the lace has any residue, forget it; it won't stick right.  When you tried tape, did the wig lift off the tape or did the tape lift off your skin?

(and what tape did you try?)

Edited by hennared - Mar 14 2014 at 12:13pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style