Perfect Hair Collection

HELP: Lace vs. Silk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 1:49am
I prefer silk closures. I've never had an issue with a line of demarcation. Always leave it a little bit behind hairline.I would do a little Zigzag cut so would not have a straight line where my hair starts. lace closures arent really bad either but sometimes I just don't feel like dealing with all of the steps to make it look as natural as possible.

Edited by msjaim2 - Mar 06 2014 at 1:50am
Sponsored Links

rredict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rredict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 8:22am
I prefer lace. Silk closures are too bulky. I think lace looks more natural. Silk are also a lot more expensive.
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 10:49am
It depends on who is doing your silk closure. Ive had 4 silk base vlosures and it was 50/50 for flatness and bulk
mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzsophisticated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 10:51am
I wear both and like both, i do like that silk looks more realistic scalp if ur vendor sends a color that matches. I am a minimalist so i dont do all that concealer, stocking, fabric etc. I dont even bleach my knots and it still looks fine in person b cuz people look crazy when i tell them it aint my scalp..lol. My scalp is the same color as my skin tone so those other methods make my lace or part area look weird. I also wear it behind my hair line and on a silk closure i cut the lace all the way back to silk so there is not a big line of demarcation. Let me find pics

Edited by mzsophisticated - Mar 06 2014 at 10:53am
harley_quinn View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harley_quinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 12:27pm
I've only gotten my silk closures from one place, maybe that's why it's easier for me. The best thing to do is test them out because you never know which one you'll like until you try it.
Brown Sugah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brown Sugah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by KeraNykole KeraNykole wrote:

I prefer lace over silk because IMO, it looks and lays more natural than silk.
If you're stylist knows what she's doing, have her bleach the knots for you...and adding a very thin scalp colored peice of fabric underneath the closure can also yield a more natural look.

Be sure to come back with pictures! Yummy deep curly will be my next purchase Big smile

Are you referring to a silk stocking as the thin colored fabric?EmbarrassedConfused
~taki~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~taki~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by mzsophisticated mzsophisticated wrote:

I wear both and like both, i do like that silk looks more realistic scalp if ur vendor sends a color that matches. I am a minimalist so i dont do all that concealer, stocking, fabric etc. I dont even bleach my knots and it still looks fine in person b cuz people look crazy when i tell them it aint my scalp..lol. My scalp is the same color as my skin tone so those other methods make my lace or part area look weird. I also wear it behind my hair line and on a silk closure i cut the lace all the way back to silk so there is not a big line of demarcation. Let me find pics

Good info. I would love to see pics😀
~taki~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~taki~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by josieteeh josieteeh wrote:

I prefer lace. I hate silk based closures and that line of demarcation . Lace and silk seems about the same amount of work, lace you have to bleach knots or feaux bleach and silk bases you'd have to darken the scalp if its to light. So I think its about the same. I just prefer lace. Good luck on your install I know its going to be nice if Monet's doing it.

Faux bleach? Aww wth? This hair stuff is more than a notion. Lol.
About to google the difference
ILOVEBEYONCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILOVEBEYONCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by ~taki~ ~taki~ wrote:

Originally posted by josieteeh josieteeh wrote:

I prefer lace. I hate silk based closures and that line of demarcation . Lace and silk seems about the same amount of work, lace you have to bleach knots or feaux bleach and silk bases you'd have to darken the scalp if its to light. So I think its about the same. I just prefer lace. Good luck on your install I know its going to be nice if Monet's doing it.

Faux bleach? Aww wth? This hair stuff is more than a notion. Lol.
About to google the difference

I felt like I mastered lace but couldnt stand the grids (lace is lace, idc whatchu heard! Aint enough fabric in the world to not make it look like lace if you get close enough) so I decided to try a silk (from Jeffery). Tinting the lace (used rit dye) wasnt bad at all, equal effort I put in to bleach knots. After really really really wanting to be a silk girl, Im back to the lace. Why? It lays flatter. Silk closures are a tad bulky to start and unfortunately I had the wrong braid pattern (rushing my sister at 2am lol) for ONE DAY and I basically had to change the entire part to hide the mold of the braid shape thats now in my closure. Ive tried washing it, stretching it with tpins to flatten, errthang and it wont budge. Imma stick to LACE for 100 please. Plus, my lace MELTS into my hairline..that line of demarcation really aint no joke.
Junique_22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junique_22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 6:19pm
I have unused Yummy hair in the texture you want and a closure from silkbasedclosures.c
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>