Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedHelp! Lace Closure with baby hair or not?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
star42 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! Lace Closure with baby hair or not?
    Posted: Mar 24 2013 at 11:29pm
This is going to be my first time ordering a closure. The wefted hair being used for the weave install is Malaysian light yaki (12 inches.) For the closure, I have asked for a yaki, 12 inch, 4 x 4 top closure with a free style part and bleached knots. I was told that a pu will be added (didn't ask for that but from what I've read it is best to get it) and baby hairs.

Is it better to get the baby hairs or not? The desired styles to be worn are a Taraji P. Henson kind of bob and a doobie/wrap takedown with a side part (no swooped bangs.)  So, again, are the baby hairs necessary and is it better to let the vendor give the closure a side part or just keep it freestyle?
Sponsored Links

ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 10:04am
always get a freestyle closure even if you are planning just to wear.one part. As for the baby hair, it's all about preference, my closures always seem to have baby hairs even though I don't request for them, I just brush them to the side alone with the other hair.
star42 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2013 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by ms.blue ms.blue wrote:

always get a freestyle closure even if you are planning just to wear.one part. As for the baby hair, it's all about preference, my closures always seem to have baby hairs even though I don't request for them, I just brush them to the side alone with the other hair.

@ms.blue Thanks a lot for the reply. It seems somewhat difficult to get a response on this forum at times so I appreciate you taking the time out to answer my questions.

hairfanatic501 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2013 at 6:05pm
I like baby hairs because they make it look less "wigish" when you pull your hair off your face. 
Hawk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2013 at 6:08pm
^ sorry you feel that way ms.blue

i'd get a closure with baby hair, and cut the lace behind the baby hair if you dont love it..

With the PU if your gluing your closure ask for it to start 1cm from the front edge so that it doesnt lift on the sides.. 

and def keep it freestyle i ordered a middle part frontal and passed it to a friend, part looked like the red sea!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic