BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Sensitive Skin
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

HELP. I have both acne and eczema....

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
ihibaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ihibaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP. I have both acne and eczema....
    Posted: May 15 2011 at 4:48pm
Hi everyone,the thing is I have extensive acne on my back and chest and chronic atopic eczema on my legs and arms. I seem to be blessed with very oily skin nipple line upwards and very dry skin niple line downwards. The problem is i need a soap or a wash that addresses both problems. Anti acne washes are too drying and anti eczema washes dont clean off the oil of my back and i am tired of using 2-3 different soaps everyday any suggestions? And yes i have seen countless dermatologists...
Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 4:05pm
Just a suggestion but look for unscented, soap free cleansers to use on the eczema-prone areas.  I would look into Cetaphil, Cerave, Dove (unscented), SebaMed (be careful with this one.  If you must get the child version.  What I like about this line is that it has a pH 5.5, which is the normal range for healthy skin.).  For your less dry areas, again look into Cerave or Cetaphil.  Me personally I love Cerave because a little goes a long way and Cetaphil breaks me out something awful.  I can use the hydrating cleanser or the one formulated for oily skin with no problem. 

I will admit that Cerave is pricy but for me it is worth it.  I only need a pea size to wash my face, neck and decolletage area.  As for moisturizing the face, so far I am having luck with Dermasil moisturizer (found at the Dollar Tree) and works excellent on oily skin.  I will warn you it has a strong scent but it hasn't broken me out.  Since you have eczema, don't try to get your skin squeaky clean.  If you are concerned about body odor, just use the deodorant soap on the armpits only and nowhere else.  I know you are gonna side eye me but try to take a shower every other day, especially this winter season.  Only use lukewarm water and don't spend an half hour in the shower.

Also incorporate foods that are rich in omega 3s and MUFAs like avocado, salmon, walnuts, etc.  Or you can take a supplement, whichever is easier.
janineann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janineann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 2:13am
hey guys.. have you heard about the new skin products that can cure most of our skin infection.. 
its called jarviscosmetics.. its all organic thats why its safe..
i heard they will be launching this year.. check them out yourself jarviscosmetics.com
Bammy001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bammy001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 11:47pm
You could try Noxzema original cream. Put it on the affected areas, then rinse it off (to clean your skin) and then reapply it again and leave on for 20 min OR overnight, I wear it overnight on my face every night. Takes about 10 min to dry. You could also get some red clover extract and mix 6-7 drops into the Noxzema just in the palm of your hand and apply this to the areas where you have exzema. Might tingle for the first 5 min after applying. Do this every night for 14 days and then compare to before pics to see if it is helping you.
Angel2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 4:15pm
my daughter had chronic eczema all over, then we saw a doctor who prescribed hydrocortisone and epaderm ointment, he said we should apply the hydrocortisone to the affected area for only one week , massage a little amount of hydrocortisone then leave for 10 minutes then apply the epaderm ointment please use downward strokes no rubbing, within few weeks the eczema cleared. hope this helps.   
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 2:50am
not sure if you have tried any dietary changes! but if you still eat and drink dairy try giving it up and see if any changes help
jessica26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessica26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 6:39am
Use Jarvis Cream & Serum! It will help you.
jessica26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessica26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 8:36am
Originally posted by janineann janineann wrote:

check them out yourself jarviscosmetics.com 

I have completed clinical trial with "Jarvis Cream & Serum". It is really good.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 10:15am
You might be allergic to soap. Maybe try water only washing twice a day, or maybe using cetaphil to wash. This should help clear both. Also try changing your diet. You might be allergic the wheat and grains. Try an alkaline diet for a week, just blend a bunch of fruits and veggies and some flaxseeds into a smoothie and make a lot and put a lot of water in it. (Don't blend in bananas though, it makes you feel thirsty, you could just eat those) It should fill up a big container of at least a gallon, which you can drink throughout the day. You should see by the end of the week some subtle improvement in your acne.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Permaculture/comments/152bj3/a_report_on_what_happens_when_you_dont_use_soap/

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 19 2014 at 10:15am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic