Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Children's Hair > Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Help! I can't manage my child's type 4 hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Ivygirl02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivygirl02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! I can't manage my child's type 4 hair!
    Posted: May 14 2016 at 10:53pm
Hi Everyone. I'm new to BHM and need a bit of help with caring for my 7 year old's hair. I'm at my wit's end.

She's natural and has 4c hair type. Her hair is very fragile, she has a lot of breakage and it grows slowly. It also seems to drink up moisturizers and oils within minutes. I'm finding her natural hair to be a lot of maintenance for me as a single, full-time working mom, so I tend to have her in braids often.  I like to let her hair "breathe" for 3-4 weeks in between braids. When she's not braided, I press or flat iron it. But I'm finding that pressing breaks her hair too. I don't want to perm her hair but I do want to keep it manageable with the least amount of maintenance for our busy schedule. I've heard about the Chi Smoothing Treatments but I'm leery because even though some say there are no chemicals in it, I feel anything that alters the natural texture of hair has to have chemicals. I don't know what to do. It seems likes the braids are breaking her hair and the heat from pressing too. When it's in its natural state, it has a lot of shrinkage and is so hard to manage it gives both of us grief.

What can I do/use to repair her hair? What styles have the less amount of damage? Is there anything I can use to speed up the growth process?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic