FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Help! Horribly Damaged Hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Aja_Renise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aja_Renise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! Horribly Damaged Hair!
    Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 10:22pm
I am currently a sophomore in high school. During my middle school years I started to wear my hair in pony tails everyday for the three years I was there. The front of my hair grew significantly, while the back of my hair broke off horribly. I had started wearing my hair down and in protective styles during my freshman year in high school. One year later the front of my hair continues to grow while the back of my head has stayed the same. Can someone please help me by telling me what I should do to get this section of my hair to start back growing. The left side of the back of my head has started back growing slowly but the right side is the exact same length. I've posted a picture of the back right section of my hair.

Edited by Aja_Renise - Mar 29 2014 at 10:36pm
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aja_Renise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 10:23pm
By the way, I've stopped wearing pony tails. The only time I wear a pony tail is when I go running and I make sure they're not tight at all. I've started to care for my hair by wearing styles that would benefit it and it's doing great overall except for that one area right there.

Edited by Aja_Renise - Mar 29 2014 at 11:08pm
cosmochica010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmochica010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 10:45pm
I would recommend using the DHT product line by groganics as well as biotin vitamins.Also stop wearing your hair in such 'tight' styles
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 9:05pm
What kind of conditioner, both deep and quick conditioner are you using currently and do you use a heat styling appliance such as a flat iron, blowdryer, or curling iron?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aja_Renise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2014 at 10:42pm
Right now I'm using the olive oil ORS as a deep conditioner and as a quick conditioner I use mystic divine or pantene relaxed and natural. I get my hair flat ironed usually once a month, maybe twice and blow dry it every two weeks.
Physiqque View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Physiqque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 6:26am
^^^yes like chica said, Groganics works! So does Doo Gro. Maybe even give the mtg oil a try? I just started this mtg, but folks Is sayin It works
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 9:45am
Try to baby that section much as you can like no relaxers or styling and massage the area with warm oil.
DiamondDabs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiamondDabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2014 at 10:11pm
i use castor oil and coconut oil all the time, and i never had bad damage before. To test that out i put some in my sisters hair and her hair was just as bad as yours, now its healthier than ever! just try not to use too much because castor oil is really thick. you can also use it as a prepoo.
glammedup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glammedup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 8:42am
Hey there!! I understand your pain with the breakage. I think we have all went thru this in some time of our life but it can be fixed with patiences, time, care, and the right products. What works for one may not work for the next person. I use ORS products but along with some others that I have found to work well on my hair. First you need to get the dead ends off your hair. A GOOD deep conditioner. Sometimes shampooing our hair alot can strip it so sometimes instead of washing your hair, co wash your hair. CASTOR IS YOUR BEST FRIEND. But I have a youtube channel were I showcase what I use on my hair and what has help and not helped me. You should check it out. I will be doing another update on my hair within the next couple of days as well.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GlamorusJewels
Thumbnail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aja_Renise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 6:06pm
Thanks for all the helpful reviews everyone! A few weeks later and with all this new info that section of hair is slowly growing back! I think I'm going to try going natural and see if that helps. So far I'm about 16 weeks in!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic