Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Help! Hair thinning!

Post Reply Post Reply

Bootiful Cream

Author
J_Shawty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J_Shawty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! Hair thinning!
    Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 10:59pm
Good evening ladies,

I need help! I am relaxed and One side of my hair is terribly thin. I twist one side and the twist is full and fluffy I twist the thin side and it looks as thin as a pencil. I swear my hair sucks. I been trying to grow my hair to waist length for years, relaxed hair wouldn't grow so I became natural. Was natural for 3 years and hated it so I went back to relaxed. Had to cut about 4 inches of my hair off. My regimen is simple too. I'm so fed up. Yarn braids are my go to cause I'm in school and it's cheap. Please help. 
Sponsored Links

J_Shawty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J_Shawty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 11:04pm
And let me NOT forget that my edges are gone. Like since 2009. My hair is going through some sh*t.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 6:16am
Yarn is very absorbant/drying to your hair. Also yarn braids get really heavy when wet. So they put even more stress on your natural hair, thinning it. Maybe jumbo braid packs will be better . Do  you oil  & moisturize your  hair& scalp  daily ? You can get jumbo braid packs & cooking  olive oil at the  dollar store. Also this growth aid for $1 http://www.dollartree.com/health-beauty/hair-care/Lusti-Organics-Olive-Oil-Detangling-Spray-12-oz-Bottles/591c599c599p314519/index.pro?method=search 

The  edges may have been pulled  too tight or caught on to  things  & damaged your hair. Perhaps pulling them gently up & tieing then back w/ a hair clip or bun will help prevent them being caught on to  things. You don't really need  a relaxer also if your  in  braids all the time. 
hth
hhgHug

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 06 2014 at 1:37pm
mikey557 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey557 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 2:00pm
Hair Essentials by Natural Well Being and Eionsilver, I swear this worked for me from the inside out.
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 10:35am
Is that the side you sleep on?
Do you cover your hair with satin/silk at night?

Baby that side by massaging it nightly with or without oils.

How often do you wash/DC?  How do you typically style your hair?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic