| 2coreysluvum wrote:|
| sasha299 wrote:|
First don't worry, it can be undone. Something similar happened to me and I did the following - I don't know what did the trick
1. I used my combination of oils - olive, JBCO, Sunflower, etc to soak the hair. Really saturate it.
2. without washing out the oils I saturated the hair with conditioner with slip - silicon mix and Tresseme. I put so much in there that my whole head was white. If it started disappearing I put more.
3. After letting it sit for a little while I started using my fingers ONLY to gently detangle from the ends. NO COMB or BRUSH. I started with a little section and worked my way from the ends to the roots of each section.
4. After each section was detangled I lightly twisted it - making sure it was still saturated with the conditioner.
5. After detangling my whole head I rinsed out the entire mixture because I could not find my comb BUT I recommend using a wide teeth comb and gently combing from ends to roots to remove the shed hair.
You can do it. Just don't let frustration build.
All of this and remember to TAKE YOUR TIME! I cant stress that enough. the last thing you wanna do in a moment of frustration is rake through your hair and rip it out...major set back! If you can, grab a chair and set infront of your mirror with some tea to sip on and take your time detangling. Good luck and update us when you are done.
eta: Oh yes one other thing that helps me after the dc of oil and conditioner is an ACV rinse...make my hair just lay down and behave...hth
shoot it's like you're describing what happened to my hair as though you'd witnessed it first hand lol that's exactly what happened to me. i was trying to take out minitwists following two washes. big mistake- i shouldn't have put water on them in the first darn place.
but since i did, i decided to address my matted roots by takin them down. twenty mins. in and i got so angry with the tiny little twigs on my head that i grabbed a comb (i knew this was gonna be awful before i even did that because i'm a finger detangler, period. you know
something's gone wrong when i'm
reachin for a comb!) I started tearing through my hair with that comb so hard that i had breakage falling like rain shower all over my living room couch. it was horrible. i didn't even care though because i just hated my hair so much. all that BSB hair gone down the drain in that one session- so promptly the next hour i grabbed my shears and took off 4 inches because that was my estimate of how much breakage i'd dealt lengthwise.
haven't looked back since. now i've stayed away from minitwists AND from combs, and my hair's doing so much better. little breakage to none and no splits. halleluyah!
oh...but regarding your matting? i would just say let it soak in condish, maybe even sit under a steamer or whatnot, and handle your hair in sections, going through section by section, strand by strand gently taking strands out of the knotted areas so that you don't break them.