BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

HELP! Hair Matting After Wash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
MiZzChRiSsEe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiZzChRiSsEe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! Hair Matting After Wash
    Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 4:55am
I need some SERIOUS help with my hair. I took braids out of my hair today, and my hair was nice and soft. I washed my hair and DC, but when I rinsed the conditioner out, my hair was terribly matted and tangled. I have no idea what to do! I put Roux Porosity Control conditioner in my hair to see if it will help detangle. I will keep it in my hair overnight. I really doubt it will do much though, because my hair is SO matted. If it doesn't work, what can I do?? There's no way I can detangle this mess with a comb. What does my hair need (more moisture?)?? I haven't had this problem since I was a child. Please help! Thank you.
Sponsored Links

sasha299 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sasha299 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 5:46am
First don't worry, it can be undone. Something similar happened to me and I did the following - I don't know what did the trick

1. I used my combination of oils - olive, JBCO, Sunflower, etc to soak the hair. Really saturate it.

2. without washing out the oils I saturated the hair with conditioner with slip - silicon mix and Tresseme. I put so much in there that my whole head was white. If it started disappearing I put more.

3. After letting it sit for a little while I started using my fingers ONLY to gently detangle from the ends. NO COMB or BRUSH. I started with a little section and worked my way from the ends to the roots of each section.

4. After each section was detangled I lightly twisted it - making sure it was still saturated with the conditioner.

5. After detangling my whole head I rinsed out the entire mixture because I could not find my comb BUT I recommend using a wide teeth comb and gently combing from ends to roots to remove the shed hair.

You can do it. Just don't let frustration build.
Sasha
eboni1 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboni1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 6:14am
you should have detangled before you washed your hair.all you can do now is let the deep conditioner sit for 3 hours then finger detangle first then perhaps a tangle teaser and a detangling double teeth comb
2coreysluvum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2coreysluvum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 10:05am
Originally posted by sasha299 sasha299 wrote:

First don't worry, it can be undone. Something similar happened to me and I did the following - I don't know what did the trick

1. I used my combination of oils - olive, JBCO, Sunflower, etc to soak the hair. Really saturate it.

2. without washing out the oils I saturated the hair with conditioner with slip - silicon mix and Tresseme. I put so much in there that my whole head was white. If it started disappearing I put more.

3. After letting it sit for a little while I started using my fingers ONLY to gently detangle from the ends. NO COMB or BRUSH. I started with a little section and worked my way from the ends to the roots of each section.

4. After each section was detangled I lightly twisted it - making sure it was still saturated with the conditioner.

5. After detangling my whole head I rinsed out the entire mixture because I could not find my comb BUT I recommend using a wide teeth comb and gently combing from ends to roots to remove the shed hair.

You can do it. Just don't let frustration build.
Sasha
All of this and remember to TAKE YOUR TIME! I cant stress that enough. the last thing you wanna do in a moment of frustration is rake through your hair and rip it out...major set back! If you can, grab a chair and set infront of your mirror with some tea to sip on and take your time detangling. Good luck and update us when you are done.

eta: Oh yes one other thing that helps me after the dc of oil and conditioner is an ACV rinse...make my hair just lay down and behave...hth

Edited by 2coreysluvum - Oct 28 2011 at 10:07am
MiZzChRiSsEe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiZzChRiSsEe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 3:10pm
Thanks so much ladies! I did the oil w/ conditioner mix.Luckily for me, my MIL detangled it for me. All the matting & tangling came out, and I didn't lose any hair. Thank you!!

@Eboni, my hair was not tangled before I washed it. it tangled when I conditioned it. That's why I was so confused. I dont know why that happens to my hair.
Lilnicka4u2nv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilnicka4u2nv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 3:13pm
It matted up because you probably didn't remove all of your shed hair...

that is a crucial step after removing any kind of old style...
MinnieMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnieMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 3:37pm
Yay you!
iLoveMrCortez View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iLoveMrCortez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2011 at 10:49pm
When I went thru this I sprayed a bottle of hair detangler on my hair, and when I said sprayed a  bottle, I SPRAYED A BOTTLE!!! let that sit while the conditioner is there too and gently detangle like everyone said
Lilacflower1988 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilacflower1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2011 at 3:09pm
Buy you some kinky curly knot today and seperate your hair with your hands. See if that works.
justyna123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justyna123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2012 at 10:00am
hey, want to check some more about matting hair ? here's some cool feuilleton http://slaweklondon.co.uk/news.php?item.41
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic