Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Help! Hair falling out

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Kinkyiskool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kinkyiskool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! Hair falling out
    Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 10:03am
I need help. I had a full sew in weave, and the lady did the braids extremely tight. The pain was unbearable for two days but it got better, but I still didn't feel comfortable having it in, so I took it out only after two weeks. Since then, I noticed my hair seemed thinner and a lot of it is coming out. It mattes up randomly and the only way to get it out is to pull it and then a knot of my hair comes out where it's matted. I'm so worried because I deranged my hair in the shower so well, and it still ended up matting up, like parts of my hair was sticking together like glue, so I don't understand why it's doing that. Also when I took my weave out, my scalp had scabs on it, so I know there was scalp damage. I just want to know what should I do about my hair falling out, I hope I don't have alopecia now. How can I treat it? Suggestions!! I'm freaking out.
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:14am
Your hair is shedding a lot. The shed hairs are getting trapped in your other hairs, causing that matting effect. Curly hair tends to trap shed hairs rather than let them slide out, so they wrap around the other hairs and form big knots. This can also be caused by having a lot of single strand knots, the hair will be more prone to this kind of trapping of shed hairs. Then when it comes time to detangle, these mats are very difficult to get out of the hair, and ends up with excessive breakage. So it's possible that when you detangled you didn't slide out the shed hairs enough, or maybe you are having a lot of shedding due to breakage. I'm gonna write more, but i have to come back later on. just wanted to give u a qucik response.
Kinkyiskool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kinkyiskool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:44am
Thank you! Looking forward to hear more from you.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Kinkyiskool Kinkyiskool wrote:

Thank you! Looking forward to hear more from you.

Hi again!
So with alcopecia, i believe that once you have taken the pressure(literally) off your hair, the shedding will happen and stop once the weakened hairs have come out. I don't think it is going to continue to break until u are bald, since you have already taken the braids out. To prevent further shedding, you can do a clay rinse or a mild protein treatment, both will be in detail in the link below.

Right now you want to take out those shed hairs. The hair has already shed the only thing you can do is get them all out thoroughly so you can preserve the rest of your hair and eliminate any further matting. How did you detangle your hair after you took out the braids? Did you finger detangle or use a comb? Did you dry detangle or wet detangle?

When you had initially taken out your wig, you should have done a little dry detangling with a lot of oils first, so you could get out the shed hairs before going into the shower. Otherwise you're dealing with shed hairs and your hair reverting at the same time-- not a good combination.

Then afterward you would wet detangle under running water with a really good conditioner(section your hair and apply conditioner before going in). This is going to provide your hair with better lubrication so the tangles just melt away.

Or course you should be finger detangling as well so you can smooth and rake out the tangles with nimble fingers instead of just plowing through the tangles with a comb. If your tearing through knots and tangles, you will end up with splits that will turn into knots on other strands and re-mattify themselves even worse, repeating the cycle. This is why ppl lose so much hair when they detangle with combs and have problem retaining length. This is a problem i used to have myself.

You also need to be getting out the shed hairs more often. Do it every other day or daily for a week. Then you can stretch it to twice a week. This will not cause any problems, with overmanipulation. It will actually reduce the amount of manipulation in the sense that you will have less shed hairs piled up that you have to slide out.

Now, about your conditioner. You want a really good one with lots of slip that will just melt those tangles away and make the matting just slide out and be easy to unravel. I recommend Kinky curly knot today, or trader joes tea tree tingle conditioner. They provide a lot of lubrication for the strands and make detangling in the shower a breeze.

Last, look into your hair and check for split ends and knots after you detangle and clip them or trim. Because since your hair has been matting and ripping so much, you have likely developed splits and ssk in the process. You want to get rid of those otherwise it will just make your hair more prone to matting and more difficult to detangle with out snaps.

Last look into this regimen called the Max Hydration Method. I think this will help you a lot. It involves strategic techniques for moisturizing including deep conditioning. This will be killing two birds with a stone in terms of getting shed hairs out and etc. Before you get your product, you can do all the steps 1-4 and end with deep conditioning.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937.html

There are some adjustments in the mixtures used in the regimen, which i will update the links to here:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page71.html

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page67.html

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page65.html

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 02 2014 at 5:17pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply