Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HELP! Dyed hair black and I want it brown again.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP! Dyed hair black and I want it brown again.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
allabouthair77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allabouthair77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! Dyed hair black and I want it brown again.
    Posted: Dec 09 2015 at 11:47am
I dyed my short pixie cut Natural Black (by Dark & Lovely) about 3 weeks ago.  Thought I would love the dark contrast against my skin but I find that's it's just a little too harsh looking for my skin tone.  I would love to be able to get back to my brown hair without causing too much more damage.  So far my hair seems to be healthy still and in pretty good shape.  Does anyone know the best way to lighten my black dyed hair (just a bit) without having to bleach it?  Would a semi-permanent brown or auburn work?  Doesn't have to be a dramatic change, just enough to soften the harshness of the black and make it at least a dark brown.
Thank you! Smile
Sponsored Links

RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2015 at 5:57am
Wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo a few times using very warm water, rinse, then deep condition. Adding a  teaspoon of baking soda to your regular shampoo, in hand,   also works well.    
hairandnails View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairandnails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2015 at 4:53pm
Lifting black is not easy. Try a permanent brown color that is a level 3 or 4. Warm tone. No green base.

Semi colors do not lift/lighten. You might have to add 40 vol , NOT 20 to lift.
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic