FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help! Braids shifting around leaveout

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
whitrhymes View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitrhymes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! Braids shifting around leaveout
    Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 1:27pm
Does anyone else have this issue?? When I do a sewin I make apx a two finger width leaveout to cover the wefts...over time(like a week or two) the braids shift or turn to the side so that the part is more like four fingers wide so the leave out has to cover the space before the weft/braid and the weft... What am I doing wrong?? Sorry I this has been answered but I googled for a while trying to find an answer to this and came up empty...

Right now when this happens I will either redo my sewin or glue additional wefts around my leave out(which I hate doing)

Help please!
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitrhymes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 1:58pm
No one??
MrsJHorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrsJHorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 2:06pm
It sounds like you're pulling the tracks too tight when you're sewing them on. My braids will only do that when I'm doing it too tight.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitrhymes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 2:19pm
Thank you, that could be...
MrsJHorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsJHorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 3:12pm
I also had somewhat of this problem when I cut my hair short and didn't have enough hair for my tracks to hold onto. But in this case the whole thing would come loose. Not sure the length of your real hair but if this is also the case you can add some hair to yours to make it sturdier.
kandegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kandegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 4:00pm

I think it could be your braid pattern. This happens to me after my hair grows out or after several shampoos sometimes. If your braids are loose, they might shift too.

What direction do you braid your hair in and do you add braid hair?
KurlieBeautie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KurlieBeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 6:48pm
Maybe you should sew down a net? Is your hair a silky surface texture? Cuz that will cause slippage too
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 7:34pm
your not holding enough hair when you start the brad so the braid start too far back. im not sure how to explain it. 
ExotiqBeautii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExotiqBeautii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 9:44pm
if you're doing horizontal braids (ear to ear style) make sure when you're braiding, you're braiding towards the part right before your leave out. Don't know if i'm explaining it clearly, but i'm trying to say braid as close to the part that separates your leave-out and your sewin as you can.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitrhymes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 10:18pm
Hmmmm I'm not sure about a few of these but I have a lot of hair so I don't think it's that. The braid pattern I usually do it two perimeter braids using braid hair, the hair around my leave out is included in the perimeter braid so I start at one of my temples, braid around the back and up to the front around the rectangular leaveout.

I may have silky based hair... I'm not sure how to determine that... I would definitely say it is or silky than course.

I don't use a whole lot of hair in the braids because I want them to be flat and also I feel like the more hair I use in the braid, the less braid base I have. If that makes sense... I think it makes large gaps so it's more likely to be bumpy...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic