Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Hella Tacky or no biggie?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

like...why is the location so secret? Is it b/c that shyt aint gon' be booked til the 20+ tickets are sold so a venue isnt actually locked down for that date yet? What is really going on here?

LOL Yes because if only two people respond the location will suddenly be Chuck E. Cheese.  Surprise!

No bullshyt, you hit the nail on the head. Really, you were soo on point - I left an important part out - The actual FB post was her saying that the event is cancelled b/c she just got approved to attend an important conference thru her job...O'rly? An important conference or not enough people rsvp'd for you to cover the rental fee at the local juke joint???LOL
Sponsored Links

Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 11:51pm
You need to be, at the very least, a D list celebrity to even attempt pull this off.

I wouldn't do it unless I was VERY close to the person and knew some behind the scenes info, and that it was gonna be a nice event. AND it was for charity.

Nah I'm reaching. I wouldn't do it. LOL tacky is indeed the word. Not at 40. Nay.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 12:11am
I find the required $50 tacky but not the invitation itself. I didn't know ppl charged ppl to attend their bday party.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 12:14am
I would go. I spend way more than 50 on friends so friends is a discount
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Miss B Miss B wrote:

You need to be, at the very least, a D list celebrity to even attempt pull this off.

I wouldn't do it unless I was VERY close to the person and knew some behind the scenes info, and that it was gonna be a nice event. AND it was for charity.

Nah I'm reaching. I wouldn't do it. LOL tacky is indeed the word. Not at 40. Nay.

The boldedClapClapClap
Im like dam - Is part of this money going to fly yo' 40 yr azz to ferguson to march for justice and to represent Mr. Mike Brown's family pro bono?

If im paying $50, i need a hot, fresh buffet with some good azz food.

Im all for giving gifts,  but when you impose a $50 MINIMUM, and have to be out late unnecessarily on a week night with an outfit, high heels and a fake smile when I am tired,  I need to be well fed and actually, there should be a drink sponsor or something involved and i dont even drink.

Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 12:54am
It is the principle about the gift requirement, and the stipulation of the cost.  The secret location is fine.  Most people spend more than $50.00 on a gift.  She is cheating herself, with her tacky 40th birthday gift stipulation LOL
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 1:06am
Originally posted by Claudie Claudie wrote:

It is the principle about the gift requirement, and the stipulation of the cost.  The secret location is fine.  Most people spend more than $50.00 on a gift.  She is cheating herself, with her tacky 40th birthday gift stipulation LOL

ClapClapClap I agree 100%
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 1:14am
last time I just sent them a check for the amount with our regrets.
Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 2:00am
Never seen that before but yeah it's tacky
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 4:48am
purp & neeta are some upstanding individuals. send that to me and I am sticking it back into the envelope and writing RETURN TO SENDER with a big black sharpie in my own penmanship.

Last time i dealt with some tacky sophitaratchets, I told someone the following when I bumped into her at the cleaners:

Her: Hi - i need your address, my daughter is getting married and we need to send you an invitation. She wants you to be one of her bridesmaids.

Me: Nah - You dont need it. I wont be attending. I attended your other two daughter's weddings last year and they never sent me nor my parents thank you cards, so I am going to skip this one.Smile

*I didnt mention that I had giving the 2 daughters wedding gifts of $200 cash each and my parents gave cash too - I would never cross that line of bringing that up to the momma. But I will let a bish know that after I have formally given my presence at a formal event where a gift is generally expected, I expect a formal azz thank you card.

Edited by NJHairLuv - Aug 16 2014 at 4:49am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic