Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HeatFreeHair when you don't have HeatFree money !
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

HeatFreeHair when you don't have HeatFree money !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
devanisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devanisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HeatFreeHair when you don't have HeatFree money !
    Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 10:50am
Hi Ladies,

So it's literally been years since i posted. I've been lurking for  good while.EmbarrassedEmbarrassed
I finally went natural which i thought I'd never do and finally stumbled upon the heatfreehair movement.

Now I'm no hair expert but  their hair looks so natural and I was thinking that surely if they can create it, I can get a CV to recreate the same thing and cut the obscene costs. Paying nearly $500.00 on two bundles of kinky curly hair is a little excessive  as I've never even paid that much for a full lace wig so it just seems a little ridiculous.
There are a few threads on here about this but they don't go into detail.

Anyway,I was wondering whether you guys have an idea as to which hair to use or how to specify what i want to a CV.
 In the past I've noticed that KC wigs made from chinese virgin hair blended better with my 4b hair as opposed to those made with  indian hair which is too  shiny and silky  for me, I've also heard that Brazilian hair is good but  can any of you suggest which would be the best to create coarse afro KC hair? Brazilian or chinese? Or any other hair?
Its all well and good matching my curl pattern but if the texture looks silky then it will be a waste of money.
from reading the info on this board, Chinese hair doesn't hold a curl as well and I know Brazilian is supposed to be the best however everyone I've seen with 'brazilian' hair doesn't look natural, especially when you see coarse afro roots and silky non afro hair . 

Please chime in. I would be so grateful. I have researched the board, google,  youtube , everywhere but no-one seems to talk about this clearly.

This is the heatfree hair I'm referring to. i just love how kinky it is whilst still having curl definition.ally 

Simply put , does anyone know the best hair to use to get a coarse kinky curl that will match my 4b hair?

Edited by devanisha - Aug 29 2014 at 1:10pm
Sponsored Links

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 11:38am
bss zury- (bohemian wave/curl or remi jerry curl)
or Aliexpress- so many reviews for hair like this on youtube I took my chances and got a GREAT deal good luck
best tip is to make a wig so u don't mat and tangle the hair at night
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 11:39am
Search the M2M Forum . I saw the hair for sale a few weeks ago at a deep discount . HTH
devanisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devanisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 12:19pm
Hi India100. Thanks for the response . Like I said , its been a while since I've been here. I don;t have a clue what the M2M FORUM is .Embarrassed 
Also i wanted to know what hair was better for creating a more coarse curl so I can make regular custom orders. 
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 2:02pm
mongolian
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 5:20pm
Member to member exchange
devanisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devanisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 9:47pm
So Mongolian is more coarse , holds a curl better, is better for a kinky curl or is better in general? 
lindygaga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindygaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 1:49am
seem like Mongolian hair.The Virgo hair store on aliexpress is OK,I do many purchase with them.
Bonjour baby ooowee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour baby ooowee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by babygrace babygrace wrote:

Yeah I would say Mongolian too. Because I've been a hair supplier for years, but i am new to this forum.

SHAMELESS ADVERTISING LOL
sweety ive NOT been on the forum in months however DON'T be surprised if this vendor sends you a pm about some hair that they're sellingOuch STAY with advice from the members that have been here for YEARS!!!!!!!!!! good luck in your search ... peace ...

actuallly that's another reason i left bhm look at how these vendors come up in the threads str8 advertising UUGGHHShocked
shalafbabii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 10:00pm
I would have to say Mongolian as well for CVs but then you risk the Cvs that send you whatever they want and call it Mongolian when it's just good ol' Chinese. WE WILL NEVER KNOW! ConfusedOuch Anyway, I did a order with Jeffrey (took the plunge) in late Jan of this year and the hair is still holding up on a wig cap. I actually just put it in for Labor Day Weekend and I'm still rocking it on V-part wig. That is what has been saving this hair for real. I ordered it with a subtle ombre (it was perfect) to a #6 - 4 inches up the strand unstreched on each bundle. I ordered a 16 and 18 for an inverted afro at $179 western union including shipping. I always do paypal with him and get good results so I trusted western union to save myself $7. I was being cheap, but oh well.
I knew I would end up cutting the hair or it would be shedding and dry over time, so the extra color paid off when I did trim it for each wig. It has been on three caps, in the pool then airdried (yikes!), thrown in a drawer, thrown in my trunk and back seat, and now its on a hot glue gun wig because its on it's last leg so I didn't care lol. I split the wefts when I received the hair and they weren't constructed well so I will see how long I can rock this out. Hopefully until next Jan because I don't wear it overnight or abuse it anymore. I'm taking good care of it now that it may be my last time with it.
SO my advice is to not split them, and still seal the wefts. I sealed and still got shedding because I split. If it is your first time, go with a CV or Ali because you have to learn to care for the hair as it is high maintenance. Don't spend a pretty penny and mess up the hair on your fist go 'round. I had this hair post BC (New Years BC ordered the hair Jan 23rd, go it by the 30th.) and it was a perfect blend. I can say it was good for a first time KC wearer. This was my first purchase and I wanted to go affordable but safe. I have ordered KS and IY hair from Jeff before. I would recommended the straighter kinky textures over the curly, due to weft construction. The detangling can be brutal on the wefts, which will cause MAJOR shedding if the wefts ain't right!! MONGOLIAN KC!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic