BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Heat Training...is it really that bad?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 5:24pm
I'm too wishy washy for heat training.
Sponsored Links

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 5:28pm
I want to wear my natural curls when they're past my shoulders.

Right now, straightened, my hair is reaching for BSL.

I'm a length monster, so I wear it straight.

Every other weekend, I take loads of heat protectant (and deep conditioner) and slather it on, then blow dry, and flat iron.  I then use a natural oil to seal it.

It's even straighter than it was when I had a relaxer, and it's left so moisturized that for the 2 weeks, I don't need to add anything else to it.

It's soft, ridic silky straight, and lasts for the 2 weeks unless there's high humidity or it gets wet.

callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 5:41pm
I guess I could say I'm heat training.

I finally found a bomb hair stylist to straighten my coils. I go to her every three weeks and do no heat curls/styles in between my appts with her. I've gotten heat damage before and minimize heat as much as possible.

My hair is APL and I've never worn it in it's curly state before so I don't really care if my curls loosen or not.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

I want to wear my natural curls when they're past my shoulders.

Right now, straightened, my hair is reaching for BSL.

I'm a length monster, so I wear it straight.

Every other weekend, I take loads of heat protectant (and deep conditioner) and slather it on, then blow dry, and flat iron.  I then use a natural oil to seal it.

It's even straighter than it was when I had a relaxer, and it's left so moisturized that for the 2 weeks, I don't need to add anything else to it.

It's soft, ridic silky straight, and lasts for the 2 weeks unless there's high humidity or it gets wet.

im about to fap to this picture.

*right click save*

i am almost over weave. and i know my dh is.  now i also want to exercise. this might be a problem no?  i don't mind my roots being kinky as long as my strands are straight.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 5:43pm
^^^ i still have your quote in my siggy...epic!

callmeDEVA

Edited by ModelessDiva - Nov 25 2012 at 5:43pm
Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 5:58pm
Well damn CLC! I will definitely be using your method next time I straighten.

I'm no longer interested in heat training but I do like to wear my hair straight every now and again.

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 6:09pm
I still remember when your hair was short CLC. It's so thick!ShockedThumbs Up
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 6:10pm
aww, lol thanks ladies!

as far as the exercise question, if you get the roots with a curling iron (and please please please please please use a lot of heat protectant), it'll last longer in terms of straightness when you sweat.

That's the key--the roots.

Edited by CLCNY20 - Nov 25 2012 at 6:12pm
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 6:15pm
^i remember domin saying that.  that after awhile you don't need to do your strands bc they'll be trained, you'll just need to focus on the roots.  
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 6:16pm
Yep, it's true.  I've been wearing my hair out since May, and the mid and end sections are trained, the roots though, they'll put up a fight.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic