Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Jocelyne17 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heat Damage or differnt hair type
    Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 12:22am
So I've been transitioning a year, and even with all this research I can't figure out why my hair in the very front is coming in wavy. It LOOKS like heat damage, and that's what I had thought, but I hadn't really been using heat on my hair since October of 2010. The last time I used it was April of this year for a special occasion, but since I haven't. I have about an Inch+ of ng there, but it grows in wavy.....like....a 3b/3a wavy. Maybe that's my curl pattern in the front? It's just so close to relaxed hair i'm not sure whether not I should be worried and chop it off or just keep growing since I've made so much progress. I'm a 3c (at least I think) and it's pretty consistent all over my head, so this patch is really bothering me.

This is the back of my hair dry with Aussie Moist, Raw Shea Butter and EVCO

Parted Ear to ear: The top of the picture is the "damaged" hair...or the hair I'm worried about

From the front

Sponsored Links

solena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 12:37am
could be either or both. just let it grow out a little more before you decide to start chopping.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 12:47am
Originally posted by solena solena wrote:

could be either or both. just let it grow out a little more before you decide to start chopping.

Alright. Thanks. I'll just abstain from heat this year and see what happens :)
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 3:28am
My hair is like that. Once I BC'd that "wavy" hair curled up to a 3c, the relaxed hair was just weighing it down. 
eboni1 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 3:56am
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

My hair is like that. Once I BC'd that "wavy" hair curled up to a 4b, the relaxed hair was just weighing it down. 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 5:03am

My hair is like that. Once I BC'd that "wavy" hair curled up to a 3c, the relaxed hair was just weighing it down. 

So you think I should chop just the front? Confused

Normally I would be cool with that...but I'd have to even up the hair in the back to match it...and that's cutting off  about 2 inches of hair back there. Cry Ugh. all that progress...

Do you all think it would be for the best? I should I just grow it out until it's even with the rest of my hair and then cut? I mean if the relaxed bits are weighing down, then it'll be fixed when I do cut them, right?

Eh...I just have a feeling it my gut that I'M the one who did something in my hair...Maybe too much bunning/slicked back styles.....
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Jocelyne17 Jocelyne17 wrote:

So you think I should chop just the front? Confused

Normally I would be cool with that...but I'd have to even up the hair in the back to match it...and that's cutting off  about 2 inches of hair back there. Cry Ugh. all that progress...

Do you all think it would be for the best? I should I just grow it out until it's even with the rest of my hair and then cut? I mean if the relaxed bits are weighing down, then it'll be fixed when I do cut them, right?

Eh...I just have a feeling it my gut that I'M the one who did something in my hair...Maybe too much bunning/slicked back styles.....

I dont think the slicked back styles would do anything but stretch your hair, so once it's wet again it should go back to it's natural curl pattern, and though I dont see how the front would be that drastically different of a length than the rest of your hair, if you feel it's too short, then you should cut it only when you feel comfortable.
bronzeg View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 1:05pm
do you were your hair back a lot? or slicked down? i do..and the front of my hair is like that..and i think it's stretched out :( ...when i'm in a weave and my hair gets a break..it snaps back just a little..then i'm back to slicking it down again :(
2Juicy4U View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 1:41pm

Jocelyn, I'm excited to read this thread. I'm going through the same thing. Sorry this is so long but I want to detail my experience well.

I became relaxed @ 12 so I rmbr my hair was always much finer in the front and coarser in the back so I expected 2 diff textures after I bc'd.

I bc'd in Feb and my stylist told me I'm 3c in the back and 3b in the front. So maybe a month or 2 after I bc'd, I started to get irritated that my front middle just wouldn't curl up like the back so I thought there were still relaxed ends in the front b/c it just waves up. I can’t wear a wash & go if it isn't pulled back & I sometimes have to bantu knot the front to blend like in a frohawk w/ bangs. My curl pattern gets looser as it goes up from back to the front. The middle of my head and the front sides are curly but a much looser curl then the back.

I wanted to get more cut off but my mom said just wait. & she was right. If you are not putting any or much heat on your hair then you should be able to get an idea of your real texture under those relaxed ends. & my new growth in that section continues to come in wavy and not curly like the other sections.

I’ll get a tad trimmed off the front 3b section (I actually think it's 3A now) in a couple of mos b/c I can tell there is still some relaxer on some of the ends.

When I was transitioning I read a blog of a girl (don't recall) who bc’d her own hair and she said that she cut a lot off in the front b/c she thought it was relaxed ends. When she bc’d her hair was like neck length. Now her hair is pass her shoulders and she realized that’s just her texture. I say wait it out until u learn more about your hair b/c you can’t get that length back overnight.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by 2Juicy4U 2Juicy4U wrote:

Jocelyn, I'm excited to read this thread. I'm going through the same thing. Sorry this is so long but I want to detail my experience well.

OMG Cry This sounds like my hair all day. From about Feb until May, I wasn't pulling my hair back, I was twisting it. And that's the only I thought I had a different texture. because it wasn't GROWING IN curly.

thank you so much!

if you have the girl's tumblr, that would be GREAT!Star

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic