FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Heart Wrenching! UPDATE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

they need the surgeon and the anaesthetist investigated

my gut instinct is that someone fuccked up and gave her the wrong meds

I feel its this and her weight...people dont understand obesity really affect surgery
Sponsored Links

Brownsugar1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brownsugar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 10:37am
Jahi McMath’s Mom Write’s Open Letter: “I Feel Like She Is On Death Row”

December 28, 2013 Filed under Health, News, Uncategorized Posted byStaff

Almost a month after a routine tonsillectomy, young Jahi McMath still remains on life support at Children’s Hospital in Oakland, California after suffering extreme complications due to the surgery.After doctors refuse to keep the teen on life support or perform any further surgeries because she’s legally “dead”, Jahi’s mother Nailah Winkfield has written an open letter to the world, addressing in details what happened to her 13-year old daughter on December 9th:

An Open Letter From A Mother To The World

I am a mother. She is my daughter. I am alive. Despite what they say, she is alive. I can touch her, she is warm. She responds to my touch. I can love her – I can feel her love. When she was in my belly I fell in love with her. Her heartbeat for the beginning of her life was my heartbeat until God, through a miracle, sparked her heart into existence. Given time I know he will spark her brain awake.

She is Jahi a name that means known by many. If she knew about all this attention she would blush. She is very shy.

My daughter sits on life support. I feel like she is on death row. The clock is ticking – ticking down. Childrens Hospital Oakland says she is dead. She was not dead when I brought her here on December 9th for a routine tonsillectomy. I put her in their hands, now they want to wash their hands of her.

Jahi had an operation. I was told it went well. Then she started bleeding from her mouth. They gave me a cup for her to bleed into and said it was normal. She bled more and more. I couldn’t keep up with it. I asked for help, they gave me a bigger bucket. She bled more. They did not answer our pleas for a doctor. Her surgeon never came back. She had a heart attack and her heart stopped beating. Then they came- then. They shocked her back into life. Now they say she is dead.

Before the surgery she said I am scared mommy. I said why Jahi? She said I am afraid I wont wake up. I told her it was going to be fine, it was a simple procedure. I should have listened to her.

She is on a respirator – with air she lives, her heart beats, her kidneys produce urine, she is warm and soft. They have been pressuring me to “pull the plug.” I can’t. I won’t. I can’t let them kill my baby a second time.I am fighting for her life. Each breath the vent gives her one more chance to live and gets her one step closer to the hospital’s deadline. What a word. I never thought they could tell me, her mother, they were going to pull the plug take her body to the morgue and send us home on Christmas while she lays in a freezer. She is warm now. I want my baby to be warm. We need time.

The Hospital says she is legally dead. That they can legally stop her breathing. I am not a lawyer. We called many in the middle of the night Monday as they were coming to unplug her Tuesday night. One answered the call. We stopped them. Every day is a struggle. We fight for Jahi. We have a temporary restraining order until Monday – then the Judge can say my baby is legally dead and Childrens can unplug her. It doesn’t matter what I say. I never thought I would have to go to court to get a hospital to treat my child.

Hold your children tight. Tell them you love them. I tell my daughter over and over. I know she can hear me. If she has any brain activity when they do the independent tests she will be kept alive. Pray for my daughter Jahi, pray that she will get better so they don’t kill her. Pray for me, mothers, that my love can bring her life once more.

Nailah and her attorneys are currently fighting to have Jahi placed in a nursing home to refrain doctors at the Oakland hospital from taking Jahi off a ventilator according to CBS News.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 12:57pm
Cry
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 1:00pm
x

Brownsugar1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brownsugar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 11:14am

Time, options running out for family of Jahi McMath

The family of a California girl declared brain dead after complications from tonsil surgery is running out of time to find a new facility to take her in and keep her on a ventilator. 

A judge's ruling will allow Children's Hospital Oakland to remove 13-year-old Jahi McMath from life support at 5 p.m. local time Monday unless her family appeals.

The family is now pinning its hopes on a New York facility after two California care homes withdrew offers to accept the teen.

Jahi's uncle, Omari Sealey, put out on Instagram on Sunday that "we are going to fight until the very last second."

Chris Dolan, the family's attorney, said he was waiting to hear from the New York hospital after its facility director and medical director speak. He wouldn't provide the hospital's name, saying the media attention could hurt Jahi's chance of being transferred there.

On Sunday, the hospital said it had not heard from the New York, or any other, facility about a transfer.

"We need to be able to talk to the other facility to understand what it is they are capable of doing,'' Cynthia Chiarappa, a hospital spokeswoman, said Sunday.

"This is not transferring an individual in a vegetative state, but a dead body.''

Dolan did not immediately return a message seeking comment on Sunday, but said previously that the family views the New York site as it's "last, last hope.''

Jahi underwent a tonsillectomy at the hospital on Dec. 9 to treat sleep apnea. After she awoke from the operation, her family said, she started bleeding heavily from her mouth and went into cardiac arrest.

Doctors at Children's Hospital and an independent pediatric neurologist from Stanford University have concluded the girl is brain dead.

The hospital wants to remove her from life support, but the family said they believe she is still alive.Another hospital spokesman,

Sam Singer, told NBC Bay Area on Sunday that "no amount of hope or prayer can bring her back.  Everyone in this hospital, in the community, her family and her friends are grieivng because this is irreversible and a very sad situation."

— The Associated Press and NBC Bay Area staff

510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 11:35am
THANK YOU^^^ girl this is starting to be some much.  The family lawyer and the Hospital's has been arguing on the news!  just a mess
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 11:49am
My son had his tonsils removed this past Sept on outpatient surgery. The Dr that performed told us of my son bleed from the mouth or seemed to continue swallowing to go to emergency room asap, call him and have him paged from ER.

Strange nurses didnt even go to assess the patient.
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 12:03pm
Now the New York hospital had pulled out too.  Now they have no other options.  
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 12:33pm
Poor mom. Has to be hard losing a child. was the mom willing to move to New York if the facility was able to accept her.
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 1:50pm

UPDATE: Children's Hospital Oakland released a letter that was sent to Dolan from hospital attorney Douglas Straus:

Chris,

I learned from your statements to the media that the Southern California sub-acute facility will not accept Jahi McMath’s body because the physicians there do not want to treat a dead body.  Children’s Hospital understands that this is a very difficult time for Jahi’s family.  Children’s will continue to do what it can do to support the family.  In that regard, Children’s position has been consistent:

1.  Children’s will be pleased to communicate directly with a physician at any facility that is considering accepting Jahi’s body to make sure Children’s understands the requirements set by that facility for accepting the body and to ensure that the facility understands the current condition of the dead body and what is being done to maintain it under Judge Grillo’s temporary restraining order.  Of course, the family’s representatives can observe that communication.

2.  Children’s needs to be assured that there is a lawful transportation plan to any facility to which transfer is proposed.

3.  If the proposed facility is out-of-state, Children’s needs written assurances from the Coroner that their office will allow the transfer.

To date, there has been no communication from any facility named by you regarding a transfer or requirements for transfer with any of the medical professionals at Children’s.  The family has not identified any facility with which Children’s can have this dialogue.  Nor have we been provided with a transportation plan or coroner authorization.

As your email and your statements about the facility in the Los Angeles area acknowledge, discussion about performing medical procedures upon a dead body presents unusual and complicated questions.  Until there is a definite commitment by a facility to accept Jahi’s body upon specified terms, I don’t think I can tackle those issues.  Please let me know if the family is able to identify a facility.”

Doug Straus

Edited by 510QUEEN - Dec 30 2013 at 1:51pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists