FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Heart Wrenching! UPDATE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 10:46pm
People have come out of comas after years--its rare however.  The brain of a young person still can do amazing things and overcome damage possibly.  I don't know exactly what I would do if my child was declared brain dead...Cry
Sponsored Links

Senior Detective View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

People have come out of comas after years--its rare however.  The brain of a young person still can do amazing things and overcome damage possibly.  I don't know exactly what I would do if my child was declared brain dead...Cry
hmmmm...
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 11:25pm
is this a matter of $$$/insurance????????????
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

After something terrible happened in my family one time when my mother and her siblings were younger( they didn't want to go someplace, and my grandmother forced them and something horrible happened)

My mother vowed to never force her children to go any place they did not feel good about going.
I'd gotten out of going to school this way lots of times lol
But we call it 'jumping hurdles' and we never do it anymore.

Something like that happened to me...but not serious.

My dad forced me to go outside with my sister and ride bikes.  I didn't want to go.  Anyway, I fell off my bike and scarred up my leg something fierce.

510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

is this a matter of $$$/insurance????????????

NOPE THEIR INSURANCE IS STILL PAYING AND EVEN is willing ot pay for them to insert a feed tube.  Let me get an update article
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 2:15pm

OAKLAND, Calif. — 

The family of a 13-year-old brain dead girl at Children's Hospital Oakland said they won a victory Tuesday after hospital officials announced they would keep her on life support indefinitely.

The parents of Jahi McMath were preparing to file a cease-and-desist order request Tuesday after hospital officials said the day before that they were planning to remove the teenager from life support.

“I just don't think I can sit here and let them take her,” said McMath’s mother Nailah Winkfield. “I'm her mother I'll fight for her to the end.”

All day and night, family and friends kept a vigil as McMath lay in the hospital ICU brain dead.

“She did not come in her like this," said Winkfield. "She was not a sick child; she was perfectly healthy."

According to medical staff, there was no good description for McMath's condition. She's not alive but her heart is beating and a ventilator keeps her breathing.

Doctors ran another test on McMath Tuesday morning searching for some sign of improvement in her brain activity. The family, who were huddling around the little girl in the ICU unit, was awaiting word of those test results.

“I asked them last night -- can you run another test on her?” said Winkfield. “To me there’s no limit. I asked the man (doctor) – ‘Do you have children?’ He said yes…Then you’ll want somebody to run an extra test to see if you’re child has brain activity.”

Then later Tuesday afternoon, Winkfield, along with McMath’s uncle Omari Sealey and lawyer Christopher Dolan, announced to reporters that hospital officials informed them that McMath would be kept on life support indefinitely.

The announcement came after Dolan delivered a letter demanding the hospital not terminate life support Tuesday morning.

“The hospital has now backed off from the efforts to remove live support,” said Dolan.

“We're not on doctor's time anymore we're on god's time, providing us more time to get together and pray,” said Sealey.

McMath, an eighth-grade student at the E.C. Reems Academy of Technology and Arts in Oakland, went to Children's Hospital Oakland on Dec. 9 to have her tonsils removed to cure a sleep apnea problem.

But Sealey said McMath had trouble breathing and suffered “an enormous amount of bleeding” after the surgery, which had been expected to be routine.

“No one knew what was going on” for several days, according to Sealey.

On Thursday, McMath went into cardiac arrest and was later declared brain dead.

The following Monday, hospital officials had told the family that the little girl would be taken off life support.

The family had asked hospital staff to feed McMath through a tube and give antibiotics. They say her insurance continues to pay.

“We didn't want her to be removed from life support but the decision is out of our hands because it’s been declared a legal death,” said Sealey.

“We need her on as long as possible, because I really believe that god will wake her up,” said Winkfield.

The announcement has signaled the beginning of an “ethical standoff” Tuesday.

End of life experts say no one has ever recovered from brain death, as it's not a coma or vegetative state.

Medical ethicists told KTVU on Tuesday that brain death means “legally dead” and actually that no one is required to keep a dead body on a ventilator.

American Academy of Neurology guidelines require only one bedside exam to determine whether or not a patient is brain dead and as of Tuesday, Children's hospital has apparently done several.

Experts told KTVU that the hospital was extending McMath's life support only out of compassion for her surviving family who, almost cruelly, see the appearance of life.

“If her heart is still beating, why are you trying to take her off life support? Obviously there's still a chance she can survive,” said Betty Chapman, McMath’s aunt.

The family says if the hospital attempts to remove McMath’s life support, they'll go to court to try to get an injunction.

According to Sealey, the family planned to hold a public prayer meeting on Wednesday at the Paradise Baptist church in Oakland. The event is supposed to run from 6 to 7 p.m. and it will be open to the public.

"We are asking everyone across the world to pray with us," said Sealey.

EasterBell View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 2:17pm
There is no coming back from brain dead.. it's irreversible. RIP to that little girl.Unhappy

Edited by EasterBell - Dec 18 2013 at 2:24pm
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 2:19pm

VIDEOS  BELOW

Edited by 510QUEEN - Dec 18 2013 at 2:20pm
EasterBell View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 2:28pm
Hopefully, the family takes the time to come to terms with the untimely loss and cut the life support.. It's a sad situation all around, but they will grow to understand they can no longer prolong the inevitable..
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 3:00pm
I understand that she will probably not come back from this, but I mean damn...the hospital is dead ass wrong for trying to pull the plug so quickly. Give them some time to deal with this unexpected tragedy SMH
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>