Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Healthy but Overweight is a Myth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
colemlrch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemlrch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

Is the point to make obese people go out and change their habits in droves or to make fun of them for the fact that they're gonna die (which we all will)?
I think it should be 1but stuff like this produces more of 2 sadly..
Sponsored Links

colemlrch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemlrch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

some of yall more likely to get cardiomyopathy from drinking excessively moreso than heart problems from obesity
I think I like your brain...
patternsandtexture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 5:09pm
I'm more likely gonna die fighting hordes aliens
GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by patternsandtexture patternsandtexture wrote:

Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

What is pockets&tissues trying to get at?

What's your problem oppai?   

I'm wondering about your issues although that might be an ongoing quandary.

Edited by GG - Dec 09 2013 at 5:12pm
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by colemlrch colemlrch wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

I guarantee she's overweight and thick... Why is she not healthy bc of her weight? Thick doesn't equal fat on the brink of heRt failure just like skinny doesn't equal fit picture of heaLth period.

LOL jesus, y'all be doing the most on these hair, dark skin, and weight threads.  theeeee most.

What's extra about posting a valid example? I don't get it...

bc you act like they're talking about everyone.  it says being overweight is more likely to develop certain issues.  that's all.  and most won't be a thick perfectly figured hourglass forever, eventually, like all of us that fat will transfer to other places where it's less healthy.  and most ppl considered overweight do not have bodies like that and those considered obese certainly don't.  no one thinks a woman like that at age 28 or 30 is having health problems.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Dec 09 2013 at 5:12pm
patternsandtexture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 5:11pm
I don't have any issues oppai
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 5:25pm
Obesity and overweight are two different things, I hate how articles nonchalantly mix the two. If the correct terms were used then it wouldn't really be a debate.

Edited by melikey - Dec 09 2013 at 5:27pm
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 5:29pm

I don't get the point of posting her

the study says:

"It depends partly on genes, partly on the source of calories, partly on activity levels, partly on hormone levels. Weight gain in the lower extremities among younger women tends to be metabolically harmless; weight gain as fat in the liver can be harmful at very low levels,

really what was the point?

we will need a large number of woman that look like her to do baseline tests and then follow them over the next 10 years and compare them to women that are considered to be at a healthier weight

colemlrch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemlrch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I don't get the point of posting her

the study says:

"It depends partly on genes, partly on the source of
calories, partly on activity levels, partly on hormone levels. Weight
gain in the lower extremities among younger women tends to be
metabolically harmless; weight gain as fat in the liver can be harmful
at very low levels,

really what was the point?

we will need a large number of woman that look like her to do baseline tests and then follow them over the next 10 years and compare them to women that are considered to be at a healthier weight

Oh ok so who is the baseline subject then? There's no such thing. So u can't say overweight looks like this and not like that when humans vary so much. I posted her for the person that said thick=fat. The picture is worth all the typing I don't feel like doing.
colemlrch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemlrch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 5:48pm

I guarantee she's overweight and thick... Why is she not healthy bc of her weight? Thick doesn't equal fat on the brink of heRt failure just like skinny doesn't equal fit picture of heaLth period.

LOL jesus, y'all be doing the most on these hair, dark skin, and weight threads.  theeeee most.

What's extra about posting a valid example? I don't get it...

bc you act like they're talking about everyone.  it says being overweight is more likely to develop certain issues.  that's all.  and most won't be a thick perfectly figured hourglass forever, eventually, like all of us that fat will transfer to other places where it's less healthy.  and most ppl considered overweight do not have bodies like that and those considered obese certainly don't.  no one thinks a woman like that at age 28 or 30 is having health problems.

I think y'all are mixing up overweight and obese. Most healthy black women fall into this category and if I get up every morning run and eat great everyday you not gone tell me well you're 30pounds heavier than this white lady we used as the model weight so ur most likely to get this that the 3rd...I'm just calln bs on this raggedy vague ass study there are just too many Ifs, buts, and holes where there should be solid info to support the claim they're making. Ya digg?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>