Perfect Hair Collection

Headaches due to wigs?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
NEWMRS216 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEWMRS216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Headaches due to wigs?
    Posted: Jan 30 2011 at 2:11pm
So i purchased this really cute short wig on Friday.. it looks great and ive gotten loads of complimets about my new short do..

only problem is it has caused me to have the most intense headaches.. i snatched it off the second i came in the house and it is now sitting on my dresser..

is this because it's too small?  wig cap too tight?  my head too big?  or could it be something in the material/fiber of the hairs/wig wefts causing this reaction?  i have other wigs and have never had this problem before.. 

Sponsored Links

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2011 at 2:31pm
It's probably too tight. Here's a question...while wearing the wig, if you lift the cap just a bit (like slide your finger between your skin and the cap, do you feel immediate relief and like the blood is returning to that area (as if someone had a tight grip on you and finally let go)?

If the answer is yes, the headache is due to your wig being too tight. I had this happen with a nylon wig cap I was wearing under a flw one time - I had a headache and along my nape the skin was actually sore from being under too much pressure. I ended up snipping about one inch deep into the back edge of the wig cap. It made ALL the difference. So, if possible (without damaging the wefts/hair/whatever) try snipping a one inch cut into the base - somewhere where it won't show. That should solve the problem if the issue is that the cap is too tight.

Otherwise, it could be the smell of the hair. Sometimes the smell of new hair (especially when I wore weaves and BSS hair) can give me a headache. If it's a human hair wig, try washing it and seeing if that helps too.

HTH!Smile

Edited by modelbusiness82 - Jan 30 2011 at 2:33pm
xotiffannyxo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xotiffannyxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2011 at 6:25pm
i got a headache today from my wig but i typically dont get them
NEWMRS216 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEWMRS216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2011 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

It's probably too tight. Here's a question...while wearing the wig, if you lift the cap just a bit (like slide your finger between your skin and the cap, do you feel immediate relief and like the blood is returning to that area (as if someone had a tight grip on you and finally let go)?

If the answer is yes, the headache is due to your wig being too tight. I had this happen with a nylon wig cap I was wearing under a flw one time - I had a headache and along my nape the skin was actually sore from being under too much pressure. I ended up snipping about one inch deep into the back edge of the wig cap. It made ALL the difference. So, if possible (without damaging the wefts/hair/whatever) try snipping a one inch cut into the base - somewhere where it won't show. That should solve the problem if the issue is that the cap is too tight.

Otherwise, it could be the smell of the hair. Sometimes the smell of new hair (especially when I wore weaves and BSS hair) can give me a headache. If it's a human hair wig, try washing it and seeing if that helps too.

HTH!Smile

yes this helps a lot. I thought it was a human hair wig but it is actually a human hair 'blend'  i am goign to wash it, and see if that helps, i already clipped the base yesterday to open it up, and today i still had major headache.. i was thinking the hair could be affecting me- well actually I thought maybe the chemicals were seeping into my brainLOL but more likely it's the smell of the hair itself..  i'm gonna wash it.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic