Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - He raped his cousin, does he deserve a 2nd chance?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedHe raped his cousin, does he deserve a 2nd chance?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: He raped his cousin, does he deserve a 2nd chance?
    Posted: Dec 12 2009 at 1:42pm
More specifically, he (Daniel Hood) was involved in the kidnapping and rape of his 14 year old cousin. He was 13 at the time and he and his 17 year old friend tied the 14 year old girl down and penetrated her with a foreign object. Daniel spent a lot of time in group homes and  therapy and 6 years later found himself being a highly rated high school football star. Problem was, his past was causing the major universities to stop recruiting him. He carried a 3.8 GPA and according to the principle of his Catholic school was a reformed individual.

Do you believe his past should be a hinder to him getting an athletic scholarship by a college?

Edited by Random Thoughts - Dec 12 2009 at 1:58pm
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2009 at 1:43pm
These are the court documents from 2005 I believe...

http://www.tsc.state.tn.us/OPINIONS/tca/PDF/064/HooddaOPN.pdf
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2009 at 1:45pm
He ended up getting a scholarship from the University of Tennessee after many programs stopped recruiting him. It was a controversial scholarship offer and ESPN did a piece on it.

Daniel Hood, Tennessee's newest and most controversial football signee, wishes he could take it all back and somehow undo the unspeakable harm inflicted that fateful night of Aug. 11, 2003.

He wishes he had acted decisively and courageously.

He wishes he had done something, anything. That is, anything other than freezing.

Only 13 at the time, Hood didn't know how to react and stood there and watched in his bedroom as a 17-year-old friend, Robert Sanico, raped Hood's 14-year-old first cousin with a foreign object after she had been tied up with duct tape by both Sanico and Hood, according to the victim's testimony.

"I witnessed a brutal rape that I'm guilty of not being able to stop," said Hood, his eyes ripe with remorse. "I didn't participate in it, but I was in the room. I was there and I didn't stop it."

Hood was tried as a juvenile and found to be delinquent by the Sullivan County (Tenn.) Juvenile Court and placed into the custody of the Department of Children's Services (DCS). Hood appealed to a trial court, which after a jury trial found him to be delinquent on the basis that he had committed the adult offenses of kidnapping and aggravated rape.

"There's no getting around what I did. It was terrible," said Hood, who signed scholarship papers with the Vols on Tuesday. "I've not lived a life merited to be a scholarship athlete at UT. Luckily, through Christ, I've become someone different from who I was, and who I am now is not who I was when that happened.

"The only thing I ask is that people give me a chance to prove who I've become."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4146057

Edited by Random Thoughts - Dec 12 2009 at 1:46pm
kalenjin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2009 at 1:49pm
I would like to no why he stood there or helped before though.

I think he should get a second chance but my conscience says otherwise....brutal behavior like that my be in your DNA - yes i know thats a dumb statement but I am thinking of repeat offenders.

I am torn, I would like to see him get a second chance since he was only 13 but I cant get past the brutality part of what he participated in

Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2009 at 1:49pm
That is a pretty sick story

But I do believe in second chances. As long as he is truly demonstrating behavior that he has changed, I think he should be allowed to move on.

Now, if we were talking about him working at a day care or working with teen girls or something, then I could understand.
glamrock View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2009 at 1:50pm
He should qualify for academic scholarships, but not athletic. Playing a sport on scholarship is an honor and not right and his past as a sexual deviant should disqualify him from all college sports. If I were a coach, I would not want a sexual deviant on my team, even if he did serve time for the crime.
solena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2009 at 1:54pm
no. give it to someone else thats deserving who hasnt ruined someones life. his own cousin smh...
ElectricLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2009 at 1:55pm
*Sigh*..

I am utterly disgusted at what happened. But he was 13 and an accessory to the fact. Fck it, give him a 2nd chance. His childhood should not ruin his adulthood.
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2009 at 2:01pm
Yall need to read the article thats on the link. His cousin that was raped even sent in a letter on his behalf. 

Edited by Miss B - Dec 12 2009 at 2:01pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2009 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Miss B Miss B wrote:

Yall need to read the article thats on the link. His cousin that was raped even sent in a letter on his behalf. 

I believe his entire family is deeply religious. Forgiveness is a large part of their faith.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic