Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

He gives you a weekly allowance, thoughts..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 13>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 6:33am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

hey hey hey!  HOME DEPOT = HOME IMPROVEMENT!  i tain't got nothin bad to say bout that mam.  sorry!!!!LOL

RightLOL
Sponsored Links

zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 9:19am
Hmmm so her friends want her broke and manless?

Are they BHMers?
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 9:41am
Sounds like a budget to me.  LOL
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

People in a relationship should discuss their financial expectations/goals and then do whatever they need to do to meet those expectations/goals, up to and including one person being "in control" as long as it doesn't cross the line to abuse.

exactly
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 12:38pm
I agree with Khivey that she needs to learn some money management skills. Maybe a course, book or something. She definitely needs to get herself in control , so that she can take care of herself. He may not always be there and she needs to feel like a adult.
dreamz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote dreamz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 12:49pm
yes. it's called a budget. 

we both get weekly 'allowances', so do the kids.  we pay ourselves just like we pay the bills. 
he gets x amount, i get x amount.  he prefers to carry cash because he needs to actually see what he is spending, whereas, i prefer to use a debit card because i will spend cash like its monopoly money. things that we do together go out of our 'household' funds though, so i pretty much drag him wherever i go so that it counts as an 'outing' lol.

we don't discuss what we spend our individual money on, but we will discuss purchases over a certain amount.  i do all of the shopping because my husband is like a child.  he will buy 50 air fresheners because "they're so cheap at only a dollar"Stern Smile
dreamz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 12:51pm
those heartland (hartland?) magazines are my husband's weakness though.  every strange ass gadget that they can think of is in that mag and i know he has most of them.

i will admt that i sure do love an infomercial.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by dreamz dreamz wrote:

yes. it's called a budget. 

we both get weekly 'allowances', so do the kids.  we pay ourselves just like we pay the bills. 
he gets x amount, i get x amount.  he prefers to carry cash because he needs to actually see what he is spending, whereas, i prefer to use a debit card because i will spend cash like its monopoly money. things that we do together go out of our 'household' funds though, so i pretty much drag him wherever i go so that it counts as an 'outing' lol.

we don't discuss what we spend our individual money on, but we will discuss purchases over a certain amount.  i do all of the shopping because my husband is like a child.  he will buy 50 air fresheners because "they're so cheap at only a dollar"Stern Smile

We do something similar.

DH will buy 100x light bulbs because they are on sale.Stern Smile
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 1:09pm

we only discuss bills, vacations, furniture, and savings

idc what he does with the rest
jayjaynonie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayjaynonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 2:51pm
In my mind an Ideal marriage will have at least one spouse who is financially responsible. Someone has to step up and say, "hey we need to sacrifice, and save for our futue. so we can have some security and an adequate retirement portfolio."

If this is what they have to do to stay on track and protect their investments, that's what they should do.

Her friends may not be as smart financially, or... it doesn't matter, it sounds like they made the right decsion for their situation.

Edited by jayjaynonie - Jan 12 2013 at 2:52pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style