Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

HBCU Alum, It's Time to Step Up (long)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

YAAAAAASSSS!!!

The last time I went to UNCF board of trustees meeting, they said that the majority of HBCUs were staying afloat by implementing their affirmative action policies and funding more non-black students' educations. With all of the gripes that whites and Asians have regarding affirmative action, I can see many HBCUs tipping towards nonblacks being >50% in the not-too-distant future.

I think at least half of Howard U students don't know how they're going to pay for their next semester, yet so many non-black students educations are fully or at least 85% funded.

A lot has to change.

hey Mrs B. im not understanding what's happening, break it down for me please. how, why does this help the bottom line in the long run.

Could i get a list of all the HBCUs and location please or at least the top 7 Moorhouse, spelman, howard, is there also a Hampton?

*In a nutshell, if you diversify the HBCU, you get more government & corporate funding.

*If you click on the link in the OP, at the bottom, there is a link that shows a list of all of the HBCU institutions BUT here is the link (There are a whole lot of schools)Smile: http://www.nhbcuaa.org/hbcuList.php 

*Yes, Diane-boo, ya gal is a Hampton LadyBig smileStarBig smile

Thank you, NJ!

Many HBCUs are in or have been in danger at some point of merging, closing down or losing accreditation due to low funding, misappropriated funds, etc. In order to stay afloat, they receive subsidies from the federal and/or state governments which require a certain percentage of "diversity," meaning a school receiving government funds cannot be an all-black institution.

Often non-black students receive diversity, athletic or merit scholarships to lure them to come and to stay. Meanwhile, many black students, at historically black colleges and universities, have to fight financial aid offices and borrow out of house and home in order to stay in school (which, unfortunately is the case for many students at colleges across the board). However, larger endowments funded by alumni and private donors would allow more freedom to maintain the integrity of these schools' original purposes: to educate and empower our people.
Sponsored Links

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:34pm
Thumbs Up
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:58pm

I know one of my cousins gives back to HU

he wants his kids to go there too

I think maybe 6 or 7 of us went to HU

I know many more went to other HBCUs

I wonder how many give back
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs